Chapter Seven

Chaper Seven

Riley's POV

I felt like I was sixteen. I mean that was the last time I got asked out on a date, and like every sixteen year old I was nervous as hell. I mean did I look okay? So many questions to pop into your mind when your date was coming in about two minutes.

I looked in the mirror. I would say that I looked pretty hot, I did my eyeshadow dark and smokey, my mascara was perfect and my lashed beautifully long. My hair was full of dark curls and shined a little from the silver sparkles I put in it. My eye traveled lower to my dress it was black and clung to every part of my body making me look thin and my chest huge. I smiled, Oh yeah I looked good.

I was in the middle of putting my high heels on when the door bell rang. Okay, here goes nothing. I thought as I walked to the door and opened it revealing a very handsome Dylan Barkley. I couldn't stop my eyes from roaming his body. His hair was spiked neatly, he was shaven and cleaned up, but what I payed attention to most was his body. His body was well toned and it certainly showed in the dark dress shirt he was wearing and the jeans. I had to bite my tongue really hard from saying something stupid.

"Hi." He said with a smiling.

"Hey, you look good."

"Well, so do you Riley, I mean you look - wow." I smiled and looked down at myself.

"It's nothing special. Just something I found in the back of my closet."

"Well, are you ready to go?" He asked eargerly and I nodded.

"Yep." I walked out and locked my apartment door.

Dylan surprised me by grabbing my hand and I jumped a little but relaxed in his grip. "Is this okay?" He asked a little unsure, but I squeezed his hand for reassurance and nodded. We began walking outside to his car when I heard my name being called.

"Riley, wait!" I turned around and saw Faith who was running down the hall like a madwoman. "Riley I need you to-" She stopped talking and running when she saw Dylan.

"You need me to what?" I asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Uh, It's not important, I'll find someone else, but what is important is what are you doing with him?" She motioned towards Dylan.

"I'm working for him."

"Nice to see you Faith."

"Officer Barkley, I see that you have one of my top clients. I assure you that she's as good as they say she is." I looked at her in disbelief. She thought that I was working for him as in sleeping with him for money.

"I'm sure she is, but I'm not using her for that reason."

"Faith, Dylan got me a job, and now he's taking me out to dinner." She threw her hands up in surrender.

"Whatever you say. You don't need to explain anything to me." She said with a sick smile.

Dylan grabbed my arm and began pulling me. "Come on Ri, we gotta go. Have a nice night Faith." He said between tight teeth.

"You too officer, you too." Dylan pulled me away before I could say anything. I rolled my eyes and ran a hand threw my hair forgetting about my curls.

"She's angry." I said to myself.

"She'll get over it, and besides, you don't need her anymore." I nodded.

"You're right. I don't." I said and took his hand again. He stopped and smile as we walked towards the car. He was such a gentleman he opened the door for me and helped me into the car before getting into his own side.