Chapter Ten

Chapter Ten

Riley's POV

The whole day at the barn I kept thinking about Dylan. The things that man could do to me, it scared me actually. It was very distracting from my job of caring for the horses and I couldn't lose my job, not now anyway I mean I took a liking to everyone even the boys who were crazy although I was worried about Dean. He was too quiet for my taste.

I decided to skip lunch even though it smelt delicious and continued cleaning the stall's. With headphones in my ears I picked up hay and washed horses. When I was half way done I began swaying my hips a little bit to the music

"You know I never, I never seen you look so good and you never act the way you should but I like it and I know you like it to. The way that I want you. I got have you oh yes I do. I never I never ever stay out late you know that I can hardly wait just to see you and I know that you cannot wait. Wait to see me too I got have you cuz baby we'll be at the drivin in the old man's car behind them bushes till I'm screaming for more. Down the basement, lock the cellar door and baby . .  . TALK DIRTY TO ME!" I yelled the last part of the lyrics when suddenly a pair of hands snaked around my waist. I instantly began to panic especially when whoever it was pulled the earplugs out of my ear and slowly ran their hands down my body, but I relaxed my body when I realized the warmth it caused.

"Did I ever tell you how incredible sexy you are." I sighed and moved so now that I was against the muscular body.

"Everday of my life officer." Dylan gave me a smile before leaning down and kissing me on the lips. "Mmm . . . Did you have a good first day?" I nodded and kissed him some more. "Good." He mumbled before slightly pulling away.  "Are you hungry?" He asked. His lips were a bit swollen from our kiss.

"I still got some work to do." He shrugged.

"I'll get Derek or Dean to do it." He began pulling my hand but I stopped him.

"Come on Dylan this is my first day. I don't want your brothers filling in for me already." He laughed and moved closer to me.

"Do you realize how much you worry?" I shook my head. "Well it's too much. Come on let me take you our on a date."  I raised my eyebrow at him.

"Date?" He smiled and nodded.

"Date. You know I take you out for a meal pay for it. A nice movie and then you know a quickie in the back seat." I laughed at that last part.

"Alright just let me clean up a little." He pulled me close again and quickly pecked my lips.

"I'll help." He said and together we began putting away the cleaning stuff for the horse's stalls.

"So did you ever find anything on my apartment?" I asked and for a second he froze. "What? Dylan tell me."

"Well, it's kind of a odd break in. There were no finger prints and there was no force entry. Did you give anyone else your key." I put the remaining tools away thinking of the question and I was pretty sure I was the only one who had the key.

"Dylan I'm the only one who has this key, I mean there were no copies made or anything." Dylan nodded.

"I guess we will just have to check more into it, but don't worry for now you can stay at mine. I mean if that's okay with you."

"Of course, but I do have a question." He stopped what he was doing and came closer to me, frowning.

"Sure what is it?" I bit my lip scared of asking this question. "Come on sexy spit it out."

"What . . . What are we?" He smiled and kissed my lips softly.

"Riley, I know I just met you but I really do have feelings for you. Every since I first saw you I knew I had to have you. Then you kept popping up in my life and I knew you were made for me. I understand if you don't want to but will you be my girlfriend." I smiled at him and nodded quietly knowing that no words could explain how I feel. He kissed my lips again with so much passion that it felt incredible.

Finally after what felt like hours I pulled away. "What's wrong?" He asked confused, but my stomach answered for me. He laughed.

"Let's go get you something to eat, huh?" He grabbed my hand and together we began walking to his car. "So what are you hungry for?" He asked still smiling.

"I could go for some Italian, how about you?"

"Sounds good to me." He said and he started to swing our hands back and fourth. "You know-" He was cut off by the sound of a gunshot.

I jumped not only startled by the sound but by the pain that shot through my shoulder. It was a stinging, hot, imbearable pain. I grabbed it in agony and saw blood.

"Riley, get down!" I was pushed down to the ground by Dylan and he hid me from the gunshots.

"OW damnit!" I yelled. He looked at me and his eyes were wide. He was angry.

"Just hold for me!" He yelled back and took out his gun. He began to shoot at whoever shot me. Suddenly the sound of tires squealing feeled my ear.

Dylan then came to my attention. "Alright baby, lay down." He pushed my down against the cool grass, and I began seeing stars and darkness. This isn't good.

"Did you get him?" I asked weakly.

"No, but I will. I promise. I got back up and medics on the way. Hold on for me please." I looked at my shoulder and got a little more woozy.

"Dylan, I'm sorry." I said before I went into complete darkness.