Chapter Thirteen

Chapter Thirteen

Dylan's POV

I watched as Riley walked away. Damn the things she can do to me.  "DYLAN! I'm cold and tired. Open the damn door before I bust it down." Dylan rolled his eyes his brother was so damn dramatic.

"I'm coming!" I yelled. I walked up to the door and before I opened it I adjusted my pants to hide the erection that was more than clear. I swear if Derek wasn't my brother then I wouldn't think twice about kicking his ass.

I opened up the door and there stood Derek leaning against the frame, arms crossed, and looking annoyed.

"What do you want Derek?" I growled at my younger brother.

"Woah dude who pissed in your cheerios this morning?" He said and gently pushed me to the side and walked into the house. He walked into the kitchen with me following behind. He suddenly turned around with an evil smirk.

"Was I interrupting something?" 

"No. What do you want?" I repeated again. I needed to know what he wanted so I could be with Riley.

"So it just smells like cheap sex in here because . . .?"

"Derek you have two seconds." Derek pulled out a seat and sat down before sighing.

"I actually came here to check up on Riley." Dylan felt a rage grow inside him. Did his brother want his angel?

"Woah dude, calm down. It's by mom's request." He said putting his hands up in surrender.

"Why wouldn't mom come up and see her herself." I asked with anger in my voice.

"She's been sick." I sat down across from my brother.

"What do you mean sick?" I asked concerned.

"Not like that, she says that something doesn't feel right ever since the shooting." I relaxed against  my chair now knowing that my mother was in good health.

"She has nothing to be worried about."

"You sound so sure."

"I am" I replied back, "Why are you doubting me?"

"Because Mr. Police Officer, I can tell you aren't telling us something."

I put my head in my hands and began rubbing my face in fraustration. "You're right. A couple of days before the shooting, when I took Riley out, we came back to her place and her whole place was trashed."

"Trashed?"

"Things were destroyed, pictures broken, clothes ripped, the whole nine yards." I explained.

"And you didn't think anything of it?" My brother asked and I sighed, angry with myself.

"Duke and I pushed it off as living in a bad neighborhood. Nothing else happened after that until the shooting."

"Riley is new around here, right? So who would want to hurt her?" I shrugged.

"Maybe one of the guys when she was working on the street?' I suggested but Derek shook his head.

"No, it just sounds too easy, and you've been with her you would notice them." I thought back to all the times I was alone with her and never once did I notice anything weird or out of the ordinary.

"You're right, and I haven't noticed anything weird. Do you think maybe she's hiding something? Like a crazy ex-boyfriend or something along those lines?" I asked.

"No, I haven't talked to Riley much though. Not enough to get close to her anyway." I nodded thinking of the girl upstairs who was hopefully sleeping peacefully.

"Is there anyone she was close to that maybe you can interview." I thought on it for a minute and when I figured something out I groaned. "What?" I heard my brother ask.

"Faith?"

"Faith . . . Wait as in hooker on the street corner Faith." I nodded and he groaned too.

"Looks like we found suspect number one."

"Damn, I really hate talking to her."

"Yeah me too." I looked at my brother questioningly and his eyes widened as he realized what he said. "I mean . . . uh. . . well I. . ."

"So, don't want to hear about this. Especially right now." I stood up. "Tomorrow morning I'll head over and talk to Faith see if she knows anything."

"I'll meet you there." Derek said also standing up.

"I don't think that's a good idea." Derek only rolled his eyes at me.

"Ten sound okay?" I sighed but agreed.

"Yeah, I guess." Derek nodded and was about to leave but I stopped him. "Hey, let's not tell Riley about this, okay?" I watched him smirked.

"Hey she's your girl." Was the last thing he said before he left the house.

I was frozen in my spot grinning like a fool.

After a few seconds I shook myself out of it and went upstairs and to Riley's room where I found her laying in the bed sleeping as peacefully as I hoped.

I quickly stripped of my clothes, leaving me in just my boxers, and got into bed next to her.

I wrapped my arms around her tiny little waist and she instantly turned facing my chest and snuggled into me.

I kissed the top of her head and couldn't keep the smile off of my face as I realized that my brother was absolutely right.

Riley was my girl.