Chapter Twenty-Three

Chapter 23

Riley's POV

I tried to open my eyes but the blinding light caused me to close them shut. My head was pounding. I touched my head and found the lump I knew was there. Damn. What happened? I opened my eyes again and gasped at the room around me.

"What the hell?" I whispered to myself as I continued to look around.

The walls were purple with white stars on them. There was a rocking horse on the side of the wall that had thick layer of dust on it, a toy chest and a doll house were on the other side, also with a thick layer of dust.

I rubbed the material of the quilt between my fingers. The material was known to me and when I looked down I saw that it was white and covered with brown teddy bears holding hearts. I gasped and tried to get out of bed, but I landed on my chest and there was a pulling at my ankles. When I looked down I saw that I was chained to my bed. And yes, I called it my bed because I was in the same room as I was in over ten years ago. The room where I would hide from the monster that has found me.

"Are you hurt?" I heard the male voice ask.

When I saw the face that matched the voice I inched my body closer to the bed as Blaine Daniels stood over me. Watching me like I was prey.

"I said, are you hurt?" He asked again with a little more force in his voice then last time.

I quickly shook my head no.

He knelt down at eye-level and touched my head. I flinched not only at the pain in my head but also his touch. Blaine sighed before he picked me up and put me back in my bed.

"You might have a concussion, I need you to stay in bed." I looked around at the room and felt like I was going to throw up.

"Do you like it? I made it just for you." He motioned around the room and I remained silent. "All this stuff I got from the house. They were packed up in some boxes but I managed to get them out safely."

"I'm not a little girl anymore." I whispered.

"No, you are not. Trust me I know."

His eyes shot to my breasts that were covered by the lose material of my nightgown. I quickly threw my arms over them.

He sat on the bed and I moved my body only a little bit over because I was going to fall off the bed. He touched my thigh and I flinched.

"Riley, sweetheart, you know I would never hurt you."

"You already did!" I yelled. "You touched me when I was a child! You ruined my life!" I watched as his face turned red and his cheeks began to puff out. It was like he was ready to explode.

"I loved you! I needed you!" I shook my head.

"I didn't even know what love was." I whispered and before I knew it his fist connected with my face again, and again, and again. Until finally the door creaked opened.

"BLAINE! STOP!" I heard a familiar voice scream, but my vision couldn't make out the face due to the blood.

Finally the pounding on my face stopped, but I could still feel the pressure almost like the fist was still there.

"Riley can you hear me?" The familiar voice asked again, but I ignored it and closed my eyes and rested against my pillow.

"Is she, I mean did I hurt her?" Blaine asked, and I heard a sigh.

"Why do you care anyway? This is just so you can make her 'comfortable'. We're suppose to kill her remember?" The voice asked, and footsteps patted against the ground before the door opened and slammed shut.

I opened my eyes and stared at the shackle that held me to this room. I don't know if I thought that I stared at it long enough it would magically break, but I continued to stare before finally breaking down. I was screwed.

********************************************************************************************

Dylan's POV

I sighed as I drove back to the house,  I couldn't wait to see Riley. Maybe she could relieve some of the stress and tension I had in my body. When I pulled up next to my house the tension tightened in my body.

"Shit." I whispered to myself as I saw the ambulances and police cars around the place.

I stopped the car and ran out.

"Derek! Derek!" I yelled when I saw him with an ice bag on his head.

I ran to him as fast as I could and when I got to him I saw the tears that he was fighting in his eyes.

"Derek what is it? Where are the girls?"

"The bastard came to the house Dylan."

"What?" I asked and Derek threw the ice bag on the ground making it bust open everywhere.

"He came to the house. Faith, the hooker, came here crying saying there was a man after her. I went to check it out, and I was hit on the head. He got in the house, he attacked Karen and Dylan. She has to go to the hospital and put in ICU then they're going to do a rape kit on her. I-I let this happen Dylan. How could I have been so stupid?" I grabbed my brother by the shoulders as I realized that he was in love with Karen as I was with Riley.

"This is not your fault Derek, but what happened to Riley and Faith?"

"All they found was blood Dylan, Riley's body is gone. I think we were right. Faith has something to do with all of this. She's working with Blaine." I stared at him with disbelief.

"Why?" I asked myself out loud.

"I don't know, but we find her we find Riley."

"You need to go to the hospital." I said sternly.

"No, we need to find Riley." I shook my head.

"I'll find her. You go get yourself checked out and keep an eye on Karen. Let me know about her test results." At that moment a paramedic came over and guided him to the ambulance.

"Hey Dylan!" I heard a voice call and I turned around to find Duke running in my direction with his arm in a sling.

"What are you doing here?"

"I came as soon as I heard the call. I'm sorry man. We'll find her."

"Faith has something to do with this." I blurted out.

"The hooker? Why do you say that?"

"She was here before all this happened. She said someone was chasing after her."

"There was no sign she was here. Are you sure."

"Definitely." I answered. My brother wouldn't lie to me over something so serious. "We find Faith, we find Riley and Daniels." I announced.

"Okay, I'll get a court order to check out her place."

"That could take hours. We need to go now."

"We can get into serious shit for this." I shrugged my shoulders.

"So be it. Riley's life is on the line. If you don't want to come with me I get it, but I'm going." I began walking to my car when I hear running behind me. "I told you that you don't have to come." This time Duke shrugged his shoulder.

"We're partners. We stick together."

He got into the car.

"We're coming to get you Riley. Just hold on."