⚜ Chapter Thirty-Six: Monster ⚜

<< Who's the real monster here? >>

«────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ──────»

<< 1 Hour Earlier >>

Subconsciously, [Name] fiddled with the bracelet around her wrist. Two weeks since the date I promised them.

That should be enough to get their hopes down.

She kept her gaze down, occasionally glancing behind her at the empty hallway. It was almost nighttime, meaning that the personnel here was reduced to 15. Just five minutes ago, she'd gone down the elevator, and the only thing that stood in her way was the hand scanner required to enter.

"Honestly, No. 2 and their fits," Sidra clicked her tongue. "To think that they'd put up a fit so late at night. And the sedatives aren't working, either."

[Name]'s eyes flicked upward. Her fingers tightened around her bracelet, but not enough to destroy the device. She didn't react when Sidra placed a hand on her head - inside, she was disgusted, of course, but she couldn't do anything about it.

At least, not yet.

"It's a good thing we have you," the silverette hummed. "You've been so obedient."

[Name]'s fingers stopped messing with her bracelet.

The second she stepped into the brothers' room, two scientists rushed to meet [Name] and her overseer. She could see how there were stains of drugs on their lab coats, evidence of Zazie's planned tantrum. If the overgrown boy put his mind to it, he could overcome the sedatives. It was strange, but certainly not unwelcome.

3 scientists are here. That makes a fifth of the personnel are with me in this room.

[Name] turned to the other two as Sidra lifted the glass panel separating the brothers from them. She forced on a tiny smile.

"Excuse me," she said softly, "but could you leave the room? Zaz- I mean, No. 2 won't calm down unless it's only me and the doctor in here. He doesn't like the scientists. I hope you understand."

"Oh, of course," one nodded, giving a disgusted look at Zazie. "We'll wait outside, alright?"

The dangerous edge in their voice told [Name] - Just in case you try to escape.

[Name] closed her eyes in understanding, waiting until she heard the door click. Opening her eyes to reveal sharp yet blank irises, [Name] glared at the door with narrowed eyes. There were no windows - and the only camera in this room didn't record audio. The room was soundproof.

Although, even if it wasn't, [Name] stepped forward, she knew that Sidra's pistols had silencers on them. The camera's lens focused on her as she approached a raging Zazie. As soon as Zazie caught sight of her, he calmed down, whimpering slightly as she pet his hair.

"I'm not mad," she assured. "Just close your eyes for now, alright?"

Zazie huffed, but reluctantly shut his eyes and hung limp. [Name] smiled. Isaac watched her carefully from under his arms folded over his knees. The (h/c), appearing to be satisfied, turned and walked back to Sidra.

"Good," Sidra praised. She turned to leave. "Now-"

She never got to finish her sentence.

All [Name] could see was red. Limbs flailed as the former child tackled the scientist, all humane reasoning gone. Gunshots banged in the distance, yet she could feel the bullets scratching at her cheeks. All she could do is fight. All she wanted to do was fight. All she wanted was to...