Flashback

A/N
Omg thanks for 1k reads :)
Enjoy this chapter

Chapter 9

One year ago

"George, don't forget to do your washing as well as your homework!" His mother said as he walked into the house. He groaned.

"Ok, Mom." He called back, jogging upstairs. He went to his room and threw his school bag on the floor by his desk, and then examined the room. There was clothes everywhere, it was like a bomb went off. Ever since he became a junior, his Mom insisted he do his own washing. Which he procrastinated a lot.

He had planned to go to see the newest horror film with Nick and Quackity that day, so his plan was to speed-run all his chores and then ask his Mom.

He piled up all the clothes on the ground and gathered them in his arms. He then carefully walked out of the room and down the stairs, attempting not to drop any socks or underwear. He couldn't quite see over the top of the pile, so was taking the stairs very carefully.

"Did you have a good day at school though?" His Mom suddenly asked, making him jump and almost trip, but he caught himself. He reached the bottom and saw her standing there.

"Yep. Also, me, Nick and Big Q wanna go see a movie today, can I go?" He asked. His Mom sighed. "Please? I'm doing my chores, and I won't be gone that long. Please, Mom?" He asked.

"I'm sorry, George. But it's too dangerous. There have been multiple news stories of people with superpowers who have been out of control. The numbers are increasing, and the police have been having trouble containing it." His Mom said. George deflated slightly.

"The numbers are increasing? How many supervillains have there been this past month?" George asked.

"Two, George. Last month there was one. And the last one was fought just a few days ago. The army is trying their best but they have to use way more resources against someone with superpowers." She said.

"But what's the chance a villain attacks the cinema? Please, Mom."

"We have no idea who these people are and what they want. People have gotten hurt George, seriously hurt. You know the new mayor's rules. There's a curfew of 6pm, for starters." She said.

"I hate this new mayor. Why did he have to go making these rules just as I start junior year!" George yelled, frustrated.

"He's doing what's best for the city. He has a son, you know, your age. He might even go to the same high school, but he's new, you might not have met him yet." She said. George scoffed.

"Whatever, I'm sure his son is just as much of a prick as he is. I've seen Mayor Block on TV, he's an idiot. I hope I never meet his son or him." George said. Lorna raised an eyebrow.

"No cinema, I'm sorry. Not until all this supervillain nonsense is resolved. Not until I feel safe letting you out." She said. George let out a strained sound of annoyance, and stormed past his mother to the laundry room.

Meanwhile, at the mayor's mansion, Clay and his sister were playing a game of chess at the dining table. It was their scheduled activity together, and they despised it.

"I hate being in the same room as you for this long." Clay whispered, so Tracy, the assistant wouldn't hear. Drista stuck out her tongue, moving her bishop.