What the hell is wrong with me

Chapter 11

"It's not that hard, George." Nick sighed, as the fiftieth message in chat announced that GeorgeeeHD has died.

"It's not my fault! There's a stupid zombie where all my stuff is, and I don't know how to kill it!" George replied, spamming his mouse trying to attack the creature.

"Fine, where are you. I'll come help." Nick said. It was just them two playing on the realm. It was George's idea, saying he had to learn the game before he could play with Clay, since he had told him he's obsessed with the game.

George slammed his fist on the desk when he died yet again.

"This is a stupid fucking game for children and losers and it fucking hates me because I keep dying from this shit zombie and I am about to delete my entire life because everything in this world is awful!" George yelled into his microphone.

There was silence for a moment.

"Uh, hi guys." Clay said slowly. George's face immediately blushed bright red, as Nick burst into laughter.

"Welcome, Clay. George is throwing a tantrum because he keeps dying from this one zombie that is guarding his items." Nick explained. George sunk back into his chair. Did he hear that. Oh my god.

"That explains him yelling then." Clay laughed. "Are you guys on the realm?" He asked.

"Yeah." Nick said. "George, you there?" Nick asked.

"Did he rage-quit?" Clay chuckled.

"I-I'm here." George said, his voice cracking and he winced.

"I killed the zombie for you, and got your stuff. Are you at spawn?" Nick asked.

"Uh-huh." George said, walking around in circles.

ClayBlock joined the game

"By the way guys, I really need to apologise for today. The bio experiment completely ditched my mind, I forgot. And I wasn't feeling too well so I went home. I'm so sorry." Clay said.

"All good, Clay. George left me as well during math. Like I said he would." Nick said, his annoyed tone directed at George.

"I told you I got caught up with the yeast, and on my way back I saw some junior girl hurt herself so I helped her to the nurse." George said. He had figured out his lie while on his run back to the school. It didn't have many follow-up questions.

"George is a simp, confirmed." Nick said, making Clay laughed.

"Who was the girl?" Clay asked suggestively. Well, apparently there are follow-up questions now.

"Uh, I didn't get her name." George said quickly. Nick's character came over to him on the screen, and started dropping his stuff to him. George didn't have much, just the basic stone tools and leather armour. And some flowers he was collecting.

"Why not? You could have gotten her number or something." Clay said. George awkwardly laughed.

"She's a junior."

"That's only a year difference."

"That's not really a George-thing to do." Nick said.

"Why? You're single, right George?" Clay asked. George almost choked. Nick confirmed on his behalf. "Then if you aren't interested in anyone you should try finding someone." Clay said. George was lost for words, yet again.

George's silence must have confirmed something to Clay. "Wait, are you interested in someone?" He asked. George's eyes went wide. Nick, help.