His name is Clay

TW// homophobia and homophobic slur (censored)

Chapter 18

*present day*

George was walking through the hallway of school, his mind off in another world, as usual. Probably overthinking. He was alone, on his way to lunch.

But something snapped him out of his thoughts, some yelling. George snapped his head in the direction of the sounds. He immediately started jogging over, down the hall.

When he turned, he finally found the source. Three guys were pushing another against the lockers, yelling at him. One of them shoved him to the ground, and the boy covered his face.

"Hey!" George's voice boomed through the hall as he stalked over the them. They looked like sophomores, but were the same height as George. They all looked at him as he stormed towards them.

"What?" One of them smirked at George, who pushed them away from the kid on the ground and stood between them.

"Don't fucking hurt innocent people." George said. What else was he supposed to say? All three boys crossed their arms.

"What are you going to do about it?" One of them said, getting right up close to George, eye to eye.

"Leave him alone, he did nothing." George repeated. He doesn't even know the kid he is defending.

"He's fucking weird, got two different coloured eyes, plus he's quiet. He kinda deserves it."

"Deserves being beat up because he looks different and minds his own business? Who fucking raised you." George said.

"My mom."

"Well she must be fucking ashamed if she has you as a son." George said. The boy in front scowled and grabbed George by the scruff of his shirt. George put a hand over the kids wrist, trying to pull it off.

"What did you say."

"I said stop messing with the kid." George said.

"No, about my mother."

"She's ashamed of you." George repeated with a smirk. But he stopped smirking when he felt his back hit the cold metal of the lockers behind him. He winced in pain.

"George?" He heard a voice and looked to his right to see Clay looking confused at what he was seeing, and growing increasingly angrier.

"Hey, get the fuck off him." Clay said, walking over. The sophomores all turned to the tall, blonde senior, and the one holding George immediately let go, stepping back.

"Go on. Scram." Clay said, pushing one in the chest, and they all turned and left, glancing once more.

Clay turned to George, who was dusting himself off.

"What was that about? Were you about to get your ass whooped by some sophomores?" He asked.

"In my defense, they were the same height as me and maybe a little stronger." George said.

"They were taller."

"Shut up."

"How did you get into a fight with them then?" Clay asked.

George looked down, only just realising the sophomore kid he had defended was still there, his knees folded to his chest, just looking up at the two seniors.

He did in fact have two different coloured eyes. George couldn't quite pick the colours. One was yellow, the other brown. The kid had fluffy brown hair, and wearing a black and white jacket.