The torturous hours of silence

Chapter 27

"Saturday we are going out." Quackity said, slamming his hand down on the table and making almost everyone jump.

"What are we doing?" Darryl asked.

"Laser tag. Someone needs to put George in his place." Quackity said, looking down at the brunette who was staring off into space, slowly eating his sandwich.

"I'm down." Nick said.

"Does that include us three?" Tubbo asked, pointing to himself, Tommy and Ranboo.

"Of course." Darryl said. Ranboo's eyes went wide.

"Us three?" He said.

"Well duh, you're part of the gang." Tommy said, punching Ranboo on the shoulder. The taller of the two winced at the hit, but was smiling slightly.

"Can I bring Karl? He's been talking about playing laser tag a bunch recently." Nick said.

"Yeah, of course. The more the merrier." Darryl said with a smile.

"Is everyone else coming?" Quackity said, looking at Skeppy and George. Skeppy nodded, but George was still out of it.

"He's daydreaming about his new lover boy again." Nick snickered, elbowing George to get his attention.

"Huh? Lover what?" George said.

"Xavier. You should invite him." Nick said, and everyone at the table joined in laughing. George didn't join in, he frowned and looked away.

"So you down for laser tag tomorrow?" Quackity asked. George looked back up.

"Oh. Um. What time?"

"How about 10am?" Darryl suggested.

"That's way to early!" Quackity complained.

"Well I'm busy at noon." Darryl said.

"Me too." Skeppy said, looking at Darryl.

"Whatever. Is everyone ok for 10am?" Quackity said, a sour look on his face. Everyone nodded except George, who bit his lip, contemplating an excuse.

"Gogy you better not say no." Tommy said, pointing a finger at George.

"Agreed. You ditched bowling." Nick said. George sighed and rubbed his face.

"Fine. I'm going to fucking destroy you all."

"Language!"

"I'm so excited. You guys brought your laptops right?" Clay said as they left their biology class. George and Nick both nodded. "Epic. And you're sleeping stuff?"

"Yep. I am so fudging excited to see your whole ass mansion, Clay. Do you have an indoor swimming pool?" Nick asked with glee. Clay laughed and shook his head.

Clay had immediately messaged his two friends after getting his father's permission to have them over. However he said it was a sleepover... when his father had no idea. But the mansion is so big Clay decided he may not even realise his friends stayed over.

The only difficult part about organising the sleepover was convincing George. He's still not fully convinced, but brought his stuff just in case.

"I don't have an indoor pool. I have an outdoor one. I do have a cinema room though." Clay said, and Nick's jaw dropped, immediately asking what it was like, and if he could play mario kart on the big screen.

George was a nervous wreck. He's been to the mansion before of course, many a time. But no one else can know that. But he was most anxious for the sleepover part. He's fairly convinced he won't stay over, due to his sleeping issues and the chance there is an alert. But he was mostly shocked his mother let him go. Realistically, he wasn't really grounded anymore.