You remind me of a friend

Chapter 28

When George woke up, he felt warm, and calm. He felt safe and happy. He melted more into the touch of being held, his mind not thinking straight.

He actually got some sleep. Well, only three hours of very restless, in and out of consciousness. But when George finally woke properly, knowingly not returning to sleep, he hadn't even registered the fact he had gotten a decent amount of sleep. Nor did his mind register he wasn't in his own bed.

George smiled slightly, surrounded by warmth, leaning into the touch.

Until the warmth moved.

George's eyes snapped open, and he realised he was being hugged while he slept, pulled flush against Clay, his head against his chest and Clay's chin above his head. Clay had an arm around George, who also had an arm wrapped around Clay's torso.

George was mortified, and immediately started moving away carefully, with ever so slight movements to not wake the sleeping boy.

Clay grumbled slightly as George wiggled out of his grip, but the taller boy just rolled over onto his stomach, and George himself stood up, hands out in front as he doubled checked Clay was still asleep.

George sighed in relief when Clay didn't wake, and he quickly made his way back to his bed, grabbing his phone and immediately checking for notifications.

No alert, of course. Thank God he didn't miss anything.

Why hasn't the Mayor summoned them yet? They haven't had a proper meeting since before the stolen safe incident. There is so much to be yelled at for, including the interview and bringing a villain to the mansion.

It was 5:30 in the morning, and beginning to grow lighter outside. George knew he wasn't going to go back to sleep, he was somehow lucky enough to get 3 hours, even if it wasn't consistent.

So he opened his laptop and booted up minecraft, going to his own survival world that he's been practising on. He's been getting much better at the game, and actually killed a zombie the other day.

So he played minecraft by himself for a few hours until eventually, Clay woke up. The blonde sat up and rubbed his face with a yawn, reaching over for his phone. He looked over to see George focused on his laptop, sticking his tongue out in concentration. It made Clay laugh, and George looked up.

"What are you doing?" Clay asked. George felt his heart flutter at his voice, it was raspy and deep. Clay's morning voice was something to die for. His messy hair was sticking up in every which way.

George spun the laptop around to show him the screen, and Clay shook his head.

"Minecraft?" He laughed as George rotated the screen back to himself. "How long have you been playing? When did you go back to your bed? Did you get much sleep?" Clay then bombarded him with questions, swinging his legs over the side of his bed and running his hands through his hair to tame it.

"Um. I've been playing since I woke up." George said.

"When did you wake up?"

"5:30." George said, and Clay checked his phone.

"You've been playing for 3 hours?" He asked, and George slowly nodded. "Wait. So did you get some sleep?" Clay then asked with hope. George shrugged.

"Yeah. I actually did get a few hours. I mean, it wasn't deep sleep and I was sort of in and out of consciousness but it was more than usual." George said. Clay's smile grew.

"Really?" He asked, and George nodded. "That's great. I'm surprised I fell back asleep too. Normally I never can after nightmares." Clay stood up, and stretched. His shirt rode up slightly as he raised his arms, and George immediately looked back down, his face blushing deeply.