Captain Puffy

Chapter 47

"Are you alright, George?" Phil said, staring at the boy in front of him.

George just stared right back at him as he said "Mask on." And then sat down on the couch. "I'm fine." Phil pursed his lips at the response and sat opposite him.

"And your family is ok?"

"They are fine." George said stiffly.

"Do you have any ideas for how we can protect your family too?" Phil asked.

"I have no idea." George whispered. Phil nodded slowly.

"Well. The best we can do is you staying near your house while you're transformed." He said.

"Ok." George said, not looking at Phil. The best we can do. Seems like everything at the moment is only the best we can do.

When will it end.

"Are you sure you're alright?" Phil asked.

"I said I'm fine."

"It's just that when you called me last night-"

"Phil." George interrupted, looking at the man with a tense jaw. There was a knock at the front of the store that came as a welcomed interruption, and Phil gladly left to let in Dream.

George let out a breath when the man left the room. It had been a rough morning, but an excruciatingly easy night. He slept through the whole thing thanks to his pills, but now he felt extra groggy than usual. His body wasn't used to 8 hours of sleep.

Dream entered and smiled, sitting down beside George and nudging him with his shoulder in greeting. George just sent a tight-lip smile back. Dream seemed just as tired as he was.

"Alright. I have a list prepared. Because there's so much to discuss." Phil said as they waited, holding up a notepad. George's leg strayed bouncing up and down. There really was too much to talk about.

"Ok. Let's start with the fight with four villains?" Phil said.

"Wait let's start with George. I know you've spoken to me and GNotFound separately about what's happening but I still feel out of the loop. George has been attacked multiple times, but the school and his home incident was since the new plan you guys thought of. What is your plan? Because it's not working and I want to help more." Dream said. Phil sighed and George suppressed a groan.

"There's not much you really can do apart from be there as soon as possible if there is an attack." Phil said.

"And George and I have organised a place for him to hide out during attacks that I take him to myself." George said.

"Tell me where it is in case I'm the only one that shows up." Dream said.

"No, because... it only works as a plan because George knows GNotFound's identity." Phil said. Dream scoffed.

"How? Do you take him to your house or something?"

"Dream, just trust me on this, ok?" George said. Dream tensed his jaw.

"Then where is George most of the time? I've gone to check on him repeatedly these past two weeks but he's never home, or anywhere for that matter."

"When possible, George hides." George said quietly.

"What? So he's just locked away instead of living his life? Hanging out with friends? You got mad at me when I suggested we hide him in a bunker for a month until we defeat Blade. That's exactly what you've done." Dream said to Phil.

"It's not like that. George can go where he wants, it's just if he can, he should hide. The Blade can't torture someone he can't find." Phil said, as George fell quiet.