You will tell the truth

TW// unintentional SH
(it's not typical sh. if you need more detail about what I mean, check end of the chapter)

Chapter 41

George woke up to a knocking at his window.

But the first thing George noticed was that he woke up. He was asleep. He would have fallen asleep around 3, and woke up now, at 6. He felt quite proud of that.

He looked at his window and did a double take when he saw a smile.

No, not Dream's smiley mask.
Clay's bright smile and pretty teeth.

George sat up straighter. He knows he must look like shit. He just woke up, his hair is probably sticking up in every which way, he was in his pyjamas and had sleep still in his eyes.

He wiped his face and quickly got out of bed, going to his window and opening it with his mouth wide in surprise. Maybe it was because he just woke up, but he was having trouble processing what was going on.

"Your hair is so cute in the mornings." Clay said immediately, reaching through the window to pat it. George was frozen, still staring at his friend.

"What..." George just said. Clay smiled and helped himself through the window into the room, looking around.

"I'm walking you to school again, idiot. Sorry I woke you up. I know you don't get much sleep but you need to get ready for school soon anyways and I'm impatient." Clay said, reaching out to touch a small quartz elephant on his desk.

"Why are you here so early?" He asked. He didn't bother to ask how Clay even got up to the window. The blonde put down the elephant and turned to him, and George's eyes widened. "And why are your eye bags worse than mine?" He added. Clay's eye bags really were more prominent than usual.

"I kinda didn't sleep." Clay said, and coincidentally yawned.

"Why? What did you do?" George asked. Clay shrugged.

"Not much." He lied. Sort of lied. He sat on George's roof for the whole night. No reason, of course. It's not like there was a promise of a villain attack today or anything.

"I have to shower, do you mind waiting?" George asked. Clay shook his head, and sat down on the bed. George stood still for a second. Clay was in his room. This was weird.

He finally snapped out of it and grabbed his clothes and walked out of the room, to the bathroom.

After he showered and got dressed, he went back to his room to find Clay now sitting on the floor, comparing his shoe size with George's shoes.

"What are you doing?" George laughed, grabbing his bag and shoving his school materials into it.

"I'm comparing out shoe sizes. My feet are bigger than yours."

"Well, you are also taller."

"You know what they say about big feet." Clay smirked. George snapped his head towards him.

"Clay!" He said, and Clay wheezed, dropping the shoe and holding his stomach. George's mouth twitched into a smile without meaning to.

"Your laugh makes me laugh." George said, shaking his head and reaching for his phone.

"Your laugh makes me laugh too." Clay said. George rolled his eyes.

"Shut up."

"George, take the stupid compliment."

"Why are you so... hyperactive today." George said as he walked with Clay. They had biology and history together already and now it was recess. Next he had computer science. And later he had the math exam.