Men don't cry

TW// abuse
(Skip the start until you see the bolded alert.)

Chapter 35

"Uh. You wanted to see me, father?" Clay asked at the door to his office, his school bag on one shoulder.

"Yes. Sit. We have a meeting." Mayor Block said, gesturing to the chair Clay sat in last time. There was no one else in the room at the moment.

"But I'm going to be late for school. It starts in half an hour."

"It's alright, I've excused you until the meeting is over." He said. Clay still didn't move.

"What is the meeting for?" He asked.

"You'll see."

"Is it with the superheroes?" He asked. Mayor Block pointed yet again at the chair.

"Sit, Clay." He ordered. Clay still didn't budge from the doorway.

"I don't want to be here if it is. I should be at school, not watching you argue with superheroes. I have assignments due and finals coming up and-"

"This is your future. I'm sure one day off school will be fine. It is important you learn what being an adult is like, what being a man involves."

"But. I should be at school. Like GNotFound said... I'm just a kid." Clay said.

In one swift action, Mayor Block picked up a glass pencil holder and threw it with as much force as he could at Clay.

Clay tried to jump out of the way, but it shattered against the wall behind him, glass spraying everywhere.

He felt a sharp stinging on his cheek, just below his eye which was squeezed shut. He was frozen.

He heard his father's chair squeak as the man stood up, and Clay's eyes snapped open, immediately backing away from the Mayor.

"How dare you repeat what that fucker said. He is a teenager, he has no idea how to parent a child, how to raise a son." The Mayor said, and grabbed the collar of Clay's shirt tightly. Clay closed his eyes, holding his breath as he tried to compose himself.

Clay was silent.

"Apologise."

"I'm sorry." Clay whispered, and felt the grip on his shirt loosen, and he let out a breath.

His father turned to walk away, and Clay brought a hand up to his cheek, where blood was trickling down his face like he was crying.

He didn't expect the sudden punch his father threw as the older man spun back around and hit his son 'for good measure' as he has said before.

Clay fell to the floor from the impact, his hand once again going to his face, where he was hit. He looked up at his father with eyes tearing up from the pain. Don't cry don't cry.

"Don't fucking cry. Men don't cry." His father said, looking down at him. Clay broke the eye contact, looking down at the ground in front of him.

"I'm sorry." He whispered again. His father scoffed and walked back to his desk.

"Clean yourself up and sit in the chair. We have a meeting to run."

ALERT
GNotFound and Dream requested at Mayor's office

George's jaw was tense with anger as he stormed through the mansion. What did this fucker want? He told him to only call for emergencies.