Fifty-eight

~ (y/n)'s P.O.V. ~

I stood outside of the Hawkins' Pool Building. I was thankful it hadn't been too far from the mall itself, but now as I stood out here, I faltered. Something bad was here, I knew it, especially as my scar began to burn the closer I got. 

I got to the door I saw Mike go through earlier. The men's room. Except now there was a lock on it. I grew vines down the side of the building, grimacing as the pain grew worse in my arm. The vines gripped onto the lock, then I yanked down, breaking it. I was quick to open the door, hearing yells from in one of the back rooms. I ran without a second thought, coming to another set of doors. I slammed through them, only to find Max, Lucas, and Will standing to one side. On the other, Billy was holding El in the air. Mike was behind him, and he hit Billy with a pole. Billy fell to the ground with a groan.

"Go to hell, you piece of shit!" Miked yelled out as he went to hit him again. Billy was quick to turn himself over, catching the pole. A look of horror came across Mike's face as Billy stood, tossing aside the pole. I knew Billy intended to hurt him, maybe worse, and El was still on the ground, gasping for her breath. I pushed my hand forward, making a bundle of twisted plants grow up and slam through the brick wall. I curved the plants, grabbing Billy by his wrist and yanking him in my direction. 

"Hands off my boyfriend, asshole." I hissed out as I tightened the vines on Billy's arm. The others spun to face me, just now taking in my presence. Billy laughed at the sight of me. 

"I found you, just like I said we would." Billy cackled out and I shook my head. 

"You don't get to keep me." I told him, then I yanked hard with the vines, pulling him towards the hole in the wall. As my plants pulled him out, Billy gripped onto me, pulling me with him. I screamed as we slammed through the wall, making the hole bigger. 

I slid across the grass with Billy, and I could faintly hear the cries of the others as I grew a vine, catching my arm and stopping me. I groaned at the ache in my body as I pushed myself up, only to be grabbed by my collar and lifted up. I gasped out for a moment, the collar of my shirt digging into my throat and cutting off my air. I used the vine on my arm, catching Billy's arm again and making him drop me. I sucked in a breath as I fell back to the ground, looking up at Billy.

For a moment, the vine sat between us, still connecting us, and the decay began in the middle. Just like my dream. I slackened the vine on my arm, letting it go. Billy laughed at my fear, moving to grab me again, then he was thrown back. I heard El's cry as he was thrown, flying further away from me than before, and when I looked back, she collapsed back onto Max. The others looked to me as I could feel Billy running away. Both of us had probably used our powers to extremes we hadn't had to do in a while, perhaps her more than me. 

I could feel the blood drip from my nose, and I was grabbing for the tissue Steve had given me before, replacing it on my nose. It took me a moment to realize Mike was clambering out of the hole of the wall when I looked back up, and he was running to me. I stumbled to him, crying as he caught me in a hug. 

"You're okay." Mike whispered and all I could do was nod as he held me. "You're okay." Mike murmured, tightening his hold on me as we stood there. 

 ~

Mike gently wiped at my nose as we sat in the bathroom. The door was open, and in the basement, we could hear the murmurs of the other group talking. I watched Mike's face as he carefully began cleaning the cuts on me from hitting the wall. I winced as he dabbed alcohol on my cheek. 

"What's wrong?" I finally spoke up. Mike didn't answer for a moment. only moving to a cut that was on my chin. 

"Where were you? Why didn't you talk to me? Your Uncle G came to the house freaking because you were gone and I thought you would've told me something, but I didn't hear a thing. Three days, (y/n). I was worried." Mike turned away from me for a moment, getting a new cotton ball with alcohol on it, then some ointment.