Thirty-five

~ (y/n)'s P.O.V. ~

"Stay here." The man cuffed me to the passenger door after shoving me inside the car, then he laughed as he left me, as if his comment was a joke. I watched, still crying as I gently pulled on my hand in the cuffs, as the man walked back to the door, but he only made it halfway before other workers came running out, screaming with guns in their hands. Why are there guns? Why did they need guns? I yanked on the cuffs.

"What's wrong? Why are do you have your guns?" I yelled out, but got no answer. I hissed out, yanking harder on the cuffs, glancing between my hand and the door of the school. One of the men who had just run through, almost out, was yanked back in by a clawed hand. Through the glass door I saw the silhouette of a large flower open up, then go down to the man. Within moments, the man stopped struggling. I yanked on my cuffs harder. "Mike's in there! Let me out! I have to get Mike! Mike!" I could feel the metal begin to cut into my skin, yet I kept pulling. Someone different from the man who brought me out opened the driver side door and got in.

"I don't know about whoever got assigned to take you, but I'm getting the hell out of here." The man huffed out. 

"The Demogorgon's in there! You have to get them out! Mike's in there! And Dustin and Lucas and El!" I screamed at him as he started the engine.

"El?" He blinked at me stupidly, pausing with his hands still over the keys. 

"Eleven! Let me out!" Tears of panic filled my eyes as I yanked harder, drawing blood. The man looked at me, then changed the car's gears from park to drive.

"If they're all in there, they're as good as dead. Now, stop pulling at your wrist before you rip it off." I looked at him, glaring as my tears slowed in my anger.

"Anything to get away from you guys. You're the bad guys, and you're leaving Mike behind." He gave me a sad smile at me as he began to pull out of the parking spot

"Just doing my job. Besides, the Mike kid might not die. They have Eleven in there still." I scoffed.

"Last time I saw her, she looked close to dead. Not like any of you fucks care. I hope the one with white hair suffers and then goes to hell. All of you should." I hissed out as the car pulled out of the school parking lo. I tried twisting my arm through the cuff while partially yanking on my arm. 

"Well, I'm sure a lot of people wish that. His name is Dr. Brenner, by the way, and hopefully he won't be too mad that I left him behind." I huffed. 

"I don't care what his name is, I just want you to let me go. I have nothing special about me. I can't slam doors with my mind and I won't be starting now. Brenner or whoever has to know that." The man sighed, giving me a side glance as he drove. 

"Brenner does know that you think that. I guess your mom really did cover up her tracks pretty well, not only for the lab but for you as well. But then he ran into you at the one ballet school. He said he was glad you were in dance, that it made you stronger." I paused, my tears drying to my face. 

"My mom has nothing to do with this. You guys must be mistaken. All I did was run at the ballet school. Eleven was the one to save me. I'm not much to be interested in." The man shrugged. 

"Like I said, your mom must've gotten good at covering her tracks if you don't remember a thing." I tried not to cry out in pain as my wrist brushed the metal of the cuffs again as I pulled. "At first, he did think you were ordinary, but he had us look you up when he got back to the lab that night. He was pissed after Eleven got away, but one of the two guys that went with him him said you defended yourself by hitting him with some bottle in your bag. Brenner got interested, and he wanted to know exactly who was the witness to the events. And you, (y/n) (l/n), as you may know, are a used to be mute and you did ballet for years, both of things which show strength and determination. And your mother is (y/m/full name). You used to be brought to the lab all the time when you were a child before Kindergarten started. Tests were run on you, small ones, like blood and brain scans. Maybe some other tests were sprinkled in there." I shook my head, yanking hard on the cuffs again. I was beginning to bleed.