Seventy-three

Note: Before starting this chapter, I know that not everyone may know what "Spirit Week" is in school, so I wanted to explain that briefly. It is usually the week leading up to the homecoming football game, and there are themes for each day that people can dress up to. It's usually just for fun and to show off school spirit. If anyone else wants to add, feel free to comment because my school had no sports so we had a Spirit Week, but maybe not like a school with sports would have. Also, minor Stranger Things 4 spoilers ahead!

~ (y/n)'s P.O.V. ~

It was Spirit Week, and as a cheerleader, I was expected to upkeep with the daily themes and at least try to dress up for them. For today, though, I was feeling stuck. So, after shoving aside and ruffling through more of my clothes, I shut my dresser drawer and left to talk to the only person I knew could help. 

When I knocked on the door, I half expected Steve to be asleep, seeing as today was one of his days off. But he opened the door, hair sticking up, and seeming at least half awake. He only looked at me for a moment, and I could almost see the gears trying to turn in his head.

"Hey, what's up?" Steve asked, tilting his head. "Don't you have school in an hour? Or is my clock wrong again?" I shook my head as he glanced back at his bedside table, scratching his head. 

"It's not wrong, I just need your help. It's Spirit Week and today we're supposed to dress up as someone in our family and-" Steve waved a hand, cutting me off. 

"You actually do the stuff for Spirit Week?" He questioned, looking confused. I gave a shrug. 

"Yeah. I'm supposed to since I'm in cheer anyway. But I need help because I can't find anything in my clothes." Steve hummed, leaning against his door. 

"Well, who are you trying to dress up as? Your mom or Uncle G?" I shook my head at him. 

"I was gonna dress up as you." Steve blinked at my reply, seeming to need a moment to understand what I was saying. Then, he was pushing up from the door, staring at me.

"As me?" I gave another nod, gauging his reaction. I hoped he didn't think what I said was a bad thing. 

"I mean, yeah. Why not?" Steve gave a shrug before glancing back into his room. 

"I don't know. Wait here, I think I know what you can wear." Steve turned, walking to his closet. He rummaged around for a second before pulling out a vest I recognized. He wore it often, especially when something important was happening. He folded the half-red and half-denim vest over his arm, glancing to me, then back at his closet. 

"Do you have, like, a plain shirt? Or one with some stripes or something?" I nodded, watching as he flicked through more hangers. "And I know you have jeans and your Converse. Are you wanting to do your hair?" I shrugged at this question as Steve pulled out a belt. 

"I don't know. I-"

"We're doing your hair." Steve determined as he held the vest and belt as he walked back over to me. "Now, you get dressed, then I'll teach you how to do your hair like mine."

"Isn't my hair longer than yours?" I countered and he shrugged. 

"Just style the front then." I glanced down at the vest, nodding. I turned away from him, going to my room to finish finding the clothes Steve recommended and to change. I ended up with a shirt that had different stripes across the chest, then a pair of my jeans paired with Steve's belt and vest. 

When I walked out, Steve was waiting in the bathroom, and on the counter was Farrah Fawcett Hairspray. I cracked a grin, looking at Steve. 

"Is that Farrah Fawcett?" I questioned, and Steve huffed.