Chapter 14

Days slipped by, you stayed in your room. You didn't really have much reason to leave, everything you needed was in there, so why would you leave?

Not many people came to knock on your door, but today was different. There was a soft gentle knock on your door and you debated on opening it.

"(Y/N), its Todoroki. I've got some work for you."

"Enter."

You picked up your mask and put it on just as the door opened. You watched him for your spot on the windowsill.

Todoroki smiled and set his bag on your desk, pulling out a few books and papers.

"I've written down and explained your math questions for you. Also I've given you a copy of my notes for the year and stuck them into this binder for you."

He pulled out a binder and set it gentle on the desk, picking his bag back up.

"Look, I understand you don't want to do it, but you have to. It's just normal classes, nothing to do with hero's."

"Did you tell anyone?"

This threw him off, he rose a brow at you before his eyes widened in realisation. Softly Todoroki shook his head and smiled at you.

"No, it's not my place to tell them. I know you don't want anyone to know what you look like, so I haven't said a word."

You nodded your head and jumped from the windowsill, heading over to your desk as you pulled a chair along with you.

"You May stay if you wish."

"Thank you, I'll do my homework as well."

You nodded and the pair you sat in silence for a while as you worked. Soon he left saying he needed a shower, and you decided to skip dinner, heading straight to bed.

You couldn't sleep though, you were restless. You couldn't do anything, you were stuck. Caged like a wild animal, you were growing more and more worked up as the days went by, you just wanted to be able to live the life you wanted to.

You didn't want to be a hero, not for a long shot, and you had no appeal in being a villain either. You just wanted to live a normal life away from everyone.

Sitting up, you got from your bed and left your room, quietly making you way down the empty hallways. It was definitely late and everyone else was asleep.

What you didn't know was the tutors took turns watching the building during the night, so just as you went to leave, someone blocked the door.

Toshinori stood there, arms crossed as he looked at you.

"What are you doing walking about? There's a curfew."

"I was not aware. I wish to sit outside."

Toshinori seemed a bit confused by the statement.

"Why?" He asked.

"I... enjoy looking at the stars when I can't sleep.." you mumbled.

Toshinori's face softened, and he smiled.

"Aizawa is up as well, so I'm sure it won't be a problem, do you mind if I come sit with you?" He asked.

"I am sure they would prefer if you did."

He nodded and opened the door, both of you taking a step outside into the cold air. You both walked over to the grass and sat down.

You placed your arms behind you and titled your head upwards, the stars twinkled slightly, some shone bright than others.

Toshinori stared up as well, but he briefly glanced to the side, he couldn't see your face because of your mask, but he could see that you were calm and content.

"(Y/N)?" He asked.

"Yes?"

"Why are you awake at this time?"

You turned your head to him for a second before looking back up again.

"Simply could not sleep, that is all."

"Do you want to talk? People can't sleep for a reason, is something wrong?"

You sighed and laid back, you shivered slightly as you back touched the cold ground, your hands rested under your head.

"I just struggle to sleep some nights, that's all."

"I see, I do to. I find reading helps me, what helps you?" He asked again.

"Looking at the stars." You replied softly.

Toshinori smiled lightly at you.

"It's nice to look it them, isn't it. What do you think about them?"

"They represent people, some shine bright than others, someone disappear without warning. Some... some shine bright then all the rest, and when they go, you notice they're missing."

Toshinori looked at you in shock, that was probably the most emotion filled thing he had ever heard you saw.

You stayed quiet, your eyes focusing on the brightest star above you, watching it flicker lightly