Chapter 20

While Todoroki was paying, you were distracted by some other things near the till, and while you weren't paying attention, Sero, Jiro and Kaminari slipped some books over to Todoroki who quickly paid for them and stuffed them into his bag.

"We're ready to go." He said softly.

"Let us be off then."

Everyone left the store together, you all stayed in a group as you made your way around the mall.

"Would you like to get some food? There's a nice Cafe near the entrance." Jiro smiled.

Everyone agreed and Todoroki looked at you.

You thought for a moment before nodding your head, as much as you wanted to leave, you didn't think it was fair to pull him away from his friends at your own request.

"Very well."

They all cheered and excitedly headed over, making their way straight for the counter while you and Todoroki found a large booth in the far back corner.

"Do you mind if I head up?"

"Do as you please."

He nodded his head with a smile and untied his hand of he scarf, handing it over to you and set his books down by your leg.

"Would you like anything?" He asked.

"I have no money on me."

"I'll buy it."

"That hardly seems fair."

"It's what friends do. Black coffee, right?"

You stared at him slightly in shock before quickly recovering and nodding your head.

"Yes."

He smiled lightly and left, making his way to the front with the others.

You rested your chin on your palm as you watched people outside the cafe go about their lives. They all seemed to live so care free, as if they couldn't just get hurt or die at any given moment.

"How pathetic you are to let down your guards." You muttered to yourself.

Taking your eyes from the window, you looked up at the counter where everyone still was waiting for all the orders to be place.

You were bored, you wanted to head back to your room away from everyone, but you were stuck here until they decided to go home.

"This is tedious." You groaned, "I have better things to be doing then sitting at a tea party in the mall."

Sighing heavily, you leant back in the chair and closed your eyes. But the peace didn't last for long, it was soon interrupted but a presence next to you.

"You know they can see you." You mused.

"Too bad, I'm here to check up on you. Haven't heard from you in a while." Dabi replied.

Opening your eyes, you turnt your head towards him.

"I am doing well as you can see."

"Well, I can't be so sure off. Alive on the other hand, yes." He chuckled, "listen, we can help you get out of this situation."

"I have already been given an offer."

This peaked his interest.

"By whom?"

"I do not know their name, or know how they look. However, they have offered me a chance to be free, and in return I help them with something."

"You shouldn't do it, seems way to dodgy if you ask me."

"It's the same situation I would be in with you. You help me I have to help you. Both have their advantages and disadvantages, your main one is that you would be the obvious choice for me to go to Dabi. They know we know one another."

"Still, you don't know this person!"

"They are a safer option, plus I have not given them an answer yet. I still have a month."

He seemed unsure, but he knew there was no point trying to argue with you about this, he knew he wouldn't win.

"Do you know what you'll say?"

"Yes. I will accept the offer."

Dabi frowned but nodded, quickly slipping away just before the group came back. He hated it, every second of it. Knowing you were trapped, knowing you were possibly being manipulated.

He knew you could looked after yourself, but what if it's too late but that point? What if there's nothing else to be done to help you, and you get severely injured or worse?

With a sigh, he carried on down the alleyways. He had to trust you knew what you were doing