Chapter 37

You looked at your mother before slowly nodding your head.

"I will try..."

"That's all I ask."

She took your head and led you back downstairs, Toshinori had left, but Aizawa was still there, scrolling through his phone beside you.

"It's time to go now."

You spun around to face your mother, eyes wide.

"I.. I want to go with you..."

She smiled sadly, coming over she placed a hand over your cheek, shaking her head at you.

"You can't, not just yet. You've got a big life ahead of you sweetheart, you'll be just fine here I promise."

You threw your arms around her, squeezing your eyes shut as you fought to hold back the tears that were trying to break free.

"Please do not leave me again mama.." you cried.

"I never left you, I'm always by your side. No matter what, okay? I'll be waiting for you, your dad and your brother."

You cried even harder, she embraced you gently, placing her head on your shoulder as she looked over at you bandage covered body.

"I do not want to go back..."

"You have to (Y/N), many people are waiting for you. Aizawa will take good care of you, I know he will."

"I love you mama..."

"I love you too."

You held her even tighter, warmth surrounded you, and once again your mind went blank.

You pushed and pushed until your eyes finally opened. You squinted against the harsh light and laid there for a while, finally you tilted your head to looked around, the clock said 4 in the morning, and beside your bed was Aizawa sleeping on a chair.

"M.. mama...?" You wheezed out.

There was no reply, tears started to stream your face and you frantically wiped them away. You tried and failed to sit up, but you kept trying.

Suddenly you were being helped, a cup was placed in your hands. You sipped through the straw before handing it back.

"Why're you crying?" Aizawa asked.

"My... my mum.. she was..."

He nodded, placing a hand on your head, unsure how to comfort you in this situation.

He waited a few more moments before standing up.

"I'll get the nurse, let them know you're awake."

You nodded and watched him leave. A few nurses came in and began to check you over, making sure that everything was alright.

"Well, she's healing really well. She can be discharged now if she wants, but she needs a family member to sign the papers, and someone to look after her."

"I'll sign them."

"It's okay... I'll wait.." you muttered.

The nurse glanced between you and Aizawa.

"Are you a relative?" She asked.

"No, I'm her god father. Shota Aizawa, it should be on her record."

"One moment Mr Aizawa, I'll be right back."

The nurses left and he sat next to you again. You couldn't bring yourself to meet his gaze.