Chapter 22

A few days had passed since then, you didn't really leave your room. You spent time reading the books your were given, and filling in the work you were given.

Today, you decided to leave. Looking out the window, you could see the fiery leaves of the autumn trees in the early morning light.

"Very Calm morning." You mused to yourself.

Leaving your room, you wondered about the halls. Most people would still be asleep since school wasn't in session.

"Good morning."

Turning around, you found Midoriya trailing behind you while he rubs the sleep out of his eyes.

"Hello."

"Did you sleep well?"

You hummed and nodded your head, he beamed brightly at you.

"I'm glad! Do you mind if I have breakfast with you? I can eat somewhere else if you want."

Making your way to the kitchen, you grabbed a cup and go it ready to make some coffee while he headed to the cupboards.

"No, you may eat in the same area."

"Thanks! Want some cereal?"

You poured your coffee and turned to him, cup in hand as he held two bowls, an innocent look on his face.

"Yes please."

"Okay!"

Midoriya made two bowls while you grabbed an apple from the fruit bowl.

You watched as he set up two places to eat, and you shifted on your feet a little. He sat down and beamed up at you once more before gesturing to your seat opposite him.

"(Y/N)?"

You hummed and walked over, setting your apple and cup down.

"May you pass me the orange juice?"

"Yes, I may."

Heading back to the counter, you gave the green haired boy the carton and a glass before taking a seat.

Both of you sat in peaceful silence as you ate.

"Do you not like us?"

You looked up, tilting your head a little in confusion.

"Excuse me?"

"You always seem so... distant. Do.. do you not like any of us?"

He looked a bit upset as he asked this question.

"I... do not dislike you. I simply just prefer to be on my own."

Midoriya nodded his head in understanding.

"So, can we be friends?!"

"Why?"

The boy shrugged but offered you a sheepish grin. How someone could smile so much was far beyond you.

"Yes, we can be acquaintances Midoriya."

"Awesome. You can call me Deku if you want."

"Why? Midoriya is your name."

"It's a nickname." He laughed, "everyone calls me Deku, I like it."

You nodded and sipped your coffee, leaning back in your chair a little bit.

"Would you prefer it if I called you Deku?"

Deku nodded and you nodded back.

"Okay, Deku."

He cheered lightly, and lent forward in his elbows excitedly. You could practically see the happiness radiating from him.

"Will you come to the beach with us today? I know it's cold but we're going to light sparklers."

"We?"

"The whole class is going!"

"What about my bracelet?"

Deku thought for a moment. While he was doing that, you begun to tidy up while fishing off your apple and coffee.

"Oh I know! We could ask Todoroki and Aizawa to do what they did last time!"

You froze, that means you'd be tied to Todoroki again. You didn't like the thought of that happening again, but at the same time, it wasn't as bad as you thought, and he was he most tolerable person.

Leaning on the counter, you stood there in deep thought.

"Please! I think you'll enjoy it!" Deku pleaded.

Snapping out of your mind, you connected eyes with him and sighed quietly.

"I.. suppose so.."

"Awesome! I'll see you soon!"

With that, he ran away and you huffed, slowly making your way back to your room. You didn't know why you agreed, but you felt compelled to. In all honesty, you weren't all against going