Chapter 23

Time passed far to quickly for you liking, and you found yourself stood at the front door with whole class.

Aizawa was finishing syncing your bracelet up to Todoroki and then he nodded at the pair of you.

"Same conditions as last time."

"Yes sir." Todoroki nodded.

Aizawa gestured you over so you padded over and gave him a bored look.

"You'll behave, right?"

"I will not cause any unnecessary trouble if that is what you mean."

He chuckled lightly and sighed.

"Yes that's what I mean."

With that, he left and you trailed behind the class with Todoroki. Neither of you really spoke, even when you got on the bus you stayed quiet.

"Are you looking forward to go to the beach?" Todoroki asked softly.

"I have no real interest in going. I see no point in going. Is this not a class event?"

"It is, that's why Midoriya invited you. You're part of our class."

You hummed lightly but never gave him a reply.

Todoroki shot you a glance, carefully watching you for a couple of seconds before he turned away again.

A few of the class got off to go buy some things and the rest of you carried on until you arrived at the beach.

The sun was slowly setting, some of the guys set up a small fire while the girls set up chairs and pulled blankets and food out of bags.

You looked around at them all before gazing out to the water, listening to the calming sounds of the waves crashing on one another.

"Would you like to go over there?" Todoroki asked.

You whipped your head around to find him stood not far from you, a soft smile on his face.

"I would, yes."

"Come on then." He chuckled.

You followed behind him slightly, the sound of the waves and the cool breeze getting closer and closer until you were stood right in front of the water.

"The sound of crashing waves are so peaceful, are they not?" You mused.

"I take it you like the ocean?" Todoroki asked.

"I have been rather fond of it since I was young. The ocean has always fascinated me, it is vast and constantly changing and moving."

"Much like people."

You turned to face Todoroki, he was already looking at you. His complexion was illuminated by the setting sun, giving him a warm hue.

"What do you mean?"

"Well, you've changed. When you first came ya wouldn't speak to any of us, wouldn't go anywhere. Now you're here with us, you talk to some people."

You stared at him, he simply just smiled at you.

"Tell me, Todoroki, what do you see when you look at me?"

"Well... I see a girl who's strong, and smart. Someone who isn't sure what they want, she's conflicted, untrusting, but most importantly, she's scared. That's what I see."

You stood there stunned, you weren't sure what to say.

Slowly you reached up with a shaky hand, your fingers gripped at the edge of the mask and you slowly pulled it off, letting your hand fall limp by your side.

Todoroki stood there, shock written all over his face as he gazed at you.

"Why did you take it off?" He asked.

"What do you see now? The face of a monster?"

Todoroki shook his head, and pointed to his own scar.

"Scars don't make us monsters (Y/N). They make us human, it's a part of who we are. I don't see a monster when I see you, I really don't. I see someone who just needs a friend."

"A... friend...?"

Todoroki nodded his head, turning to face the ocean.

"Yeah. You just need a friend. What do you say?"

You remembered this morning wit Deku, and stared Todoroki down for a few minutes before standing next to him.

You held your mask in your hands and gazed down at it before going back to watching sunset.

Todoroki glanced at you, the sun made you seem more fragile then you acted, as if everything was just one second from falling a part for good.

At the same time, there was a certain leave about your face, as if everything just melted away for a second.

Side glancing Todoroki you gave a curt nod of your head.

"Okay, I shall be your friend I suppose."

Reaching up, you slipped your mask back on, turning to face the class who were laughing and playing around further up the beech. It was so strange how this was becoming the normal for you