16 | Battle

Y/N POV
My head rested on Loki's shoulder. It was dark and we were of course sitting under our tree.
"What do you think about getting married here?" Loki asked
"What? In Asgard? I thought we were." I looked up at him.
"I meant under the tree."
I smiled "I like that."
He cupped my face with one hand.
"Glad to hear it." He said softly leaning into me giving me a soft kiss. He pulled away.
"What's wrong?" I asked him.
"I realize that I haven't asked you something very important." He replied looking slightly worried.
"What is it?"
"Well once you marry me you will be the rightful queen to Asgard as I am the rightful king."
"Ok...."
"I guess I'm asking if you will be my queen?"
"Loki! Of course I will!"
I quickly pulled him into a tight hug and heard him sigh in relief.

Sunlight shined in my eyes as I woke up. I rolled over and was met by Loki's body.
"Good morning darling. How did you sleep?"
"Good but I don't remember coming to bed."
"No you fell asleep outside so I carried you in." He answered with a small smile.
"Thanks. You know Loki I don't really feel like doing anything today."
"Then let's just stay in bed. How does that sound?"
"Perfect." I smiled and rested my head on his chest. He started to play with my hair and we both fell back asleep, content in each others arms.

A loud banging on the door woke us both up.
"Who is it?" Loki asked as we both sat up.
"Brother we are under attack! Prepare for battle!" Thor shouted through the door. There goes staying in bed all day. We looked at each other. I knew he wouldn't want me to fight but I had to.
"Y/N no you are staying here. Safe."
"Loki you and I both know that I need to fight."
He looked down.
"I'll be fine. I promise, but we need to get changed. Ok?" I reassured him. He took a deep breath.
"Ok."
We quickly got out of bed and put our armor on. We walked out to the battlefield and started fighting. We fought side by side.
"Behind you!" I yelled at Loki. He spun around just in time to block a strike.

We walked back in each other's arms, bloody and tired after the fight was over. We had won but it wasn't easy. I got a wet cloth for Loki's wounds and helped him bandage up. Once I was done he helped me. My worst cut was on my thigh, as soon as he touched it with the cloth I let out a small cry of pain. He looked up into my eyes worried.
"It's ok it just hurts a little." I reassured him. He shook his head and focused back to my bloody leg.
"I shouldn't have let you fight. You could have been killed."
"Hey," I cupped his face with my hand and pulled his gaze up "I'm ok, besides I'm the demigod of war not letting me fight would be an insult." We both let out a small laugh and finished getting cleaned up before going to bed.

We both woke up at the same time and locked eyes.
"Y/N I know that look what are thinking about."
"Well once we get married and you become king we won't leave Asgard much and I was thinking we could escape to Midgard one last time. Just for a day or two."
"Of course darling, we'll leave tomorrow." He replied.