23 | Perfect Comfort

TW: Emotional and physical abuse

Y/n POV
My mouth gaped open in shock. My legs trembled and my heart sank. Loki noticed and pulled me into his arms before I collapsed from the news I had just been given.

Oden had just informed me that my mother, Athena, had sent news that she was coming to visit me.

Thoughts raced through my mind. I wasn't even sure she was still alive. No one had seen her in 8 years. What had happened? She had abandoned me.

"Y/n?" I heard Loki prying me away from my thoughts. I looked up to see Loki looking at me with a very worried look on his face. "Are you alright?" He asked softly.

I slightly shook my head no. He turned to Oden and Frigga "Thank you for telling us." He quickly said before guiding me out of the throne room and walking us back to his room.

I leaned back on the door once it was closed and slid down to the ground. Tears started streaming down my face and my breath quickened. I was going into a panic attack.

Loki pulled my hands into his. He looked into my eyes forcing me to concentrate on him.

"Deep breaths Y/n, ok?" I nodded and started to mimic his breathing.

It took a while but I finally calmed down. Loki surprising knew exactly how to help me.

Loki picked me up and sat me down on the bed giving me small comforting kisses on my neck and caller bone allowing me to hold him close and stroke his hair.

"Darling? Are you ok?" He asked after a few minutes.

Although I was calm now I still had some tears pooling in my eyes. "Yes" I whispered shakily.

Loki knew how my mother had treated me in the past. Yes she is the god of war and love but it seemed like she never loved me and only ever wanted war with me. She almost never spoke kindly to me, always yelling and screaming at me about something. When using her voice wasn't enough she would beat me, she took all of her anger out on me. That's why I never bothered to find out where she had disappeared to once she left. I was happy with her gone.

Loki stretched out a hand to cup my face. I flinched hard thinking of Athena. He pulled me back into his arms whispering sweet nothings as an effort to calm me down.

"I won't let anything happen to you darling. I promise." Loki whispered against my skin.

"I don't know how I'm going to react." I softly said finally speaking. What if I went into another panic attack right in front of her?

Loki moved and held me at arms length, gazing into my eyes. His green eyes told me enough, that he would be there, he would help me, that I was safe with him, but he still spoke. "Y/n I am your husband that means I am there for you through everything, no matter what." He vowed.

A small smile made its way across my face "thank you." I said in a small voice.

Loki climbed up on the bad and pulled me up into his chest. We laid down in each others comfort. This was all that I needed, my husband. I craned my neck up to give him a quick kiss on the lips before we both drifted off into a nap.

A maid came and woke us up telling us that we had about 2 hours before Athena arrived.

I took a deep breath and turned to Loki. "I need Mae here. ASAP!" Loki furrowed his brows at me looking for an explanation "Well if my mom is coming I better look good."