26 | My king

Y/n POV

We had been abruptly called back to Asgard since Odin had passed away two nights ago. Loki and I had both completely healed from our injuries about a week ago but had stayed in Midgard to practice my powers more.

"Loki?" I placed a hand on his shoulder and he turned around to face me. "Are you ready?" I questioned with a soft smile.

"Yes." He said taking a deep breath.

He didn't seem fully sure of himself, to be honest I still didn't believe that we were about to rule Asgard.

Loki extended his arm to me and I took it. We walked out to the Hall of Asgard. Loki reached his hand to the sky and Mjollnir flew to him. All of Asgard cheered. He looked at me and smiled.

"Never thought I would be worthy." He chuckled.

I smiled back and we continued walking down the long red carpet in front of us.

Frigga crowned us both and we exchanged glances that said 'is this really happening right now.'

Everyone celebrated in the grand hall. It was slightly strange knowing that this kingdom was now ours. Looking out to the sea of people celebrating, it just didn't feel quite right. I couldn't believe it. Then Loki wrapped his arms around me from behind and leaned down to my ear.

"Believe it," a kiss was planted on my cheek "my queen."

Now everything felt right. I wasn't doing this alone and neither was Loki, we were doing this together.

I spun around to face him, he lifted a hand and tucked away one of my stray hairs.

"I love you, my king." I said looking up a him.

He growled at the new nickname "Let's go somewhere quieter." He said grabbing my hand.

We weaved through the crowd and I followed him into the thrown room. He sat down on his thrown and gestured for me to sit with him. I climbed right into his lap and straddled him. I smirked at the thought of what was about to happen, I had dreamt of this and I knew Loki had too.

The now king gazed into my eyes while I studied every feature on his face. His eyes and the pattern in them, the way his cheeks were textured. My finger traced his perfect jawline, then it moved up along his forehead only to come down his nose. My hand founds it's resting place on his cheek and I leaned into his lips.