26. A new rumour?

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

06/08/2023

"Hanako-kun!"

Nene bumps into something making the girl fall to her butt, she hissed at the pain. The girl looked up and met with two staring eyes. "Senpai, are you okay?" Hanako laughed at the girl when she sent him a soft glare.

"Hmph, whatever.. Yes I'm fine kou-kun! Don't worry- EH HANAKO-KUN! I have a question for you!!" She whined, making both boys stare at each other then to the girls. "What is Yashiro-san?" Hanako leaned closer to her face where Kou screamed, pulling him away from the girl. "GET AWAY FROM SENPAI!" "jeez..~"

"Have you two seen y/n-chan anywhere?"

The girl's question made the whole place quiet, Hanako stared at the girl, dead in the eye. The dull stare makes the daikon girl shiver. Kou tilts his head. "Um senpai.." Nene tilts her head, Hanako sighs. Both of the boys opened their mouths. And their answers.

Their answers make the girl's eyes widen.

widened in shock.

"Who's ⸮̷̯̫̞̉̌͋̃̎̏̐͝͝ͅͅᴎ̶̺̪̫̠̠͕̑̋͛̑̆̃ͅ/̸͉̟͇̳͚̟̻̮̳̉Y̸̢̟͉͖̠̺̓̓̓-"

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

"Nene-chan!"

Nene's eyes widened at the voice, she turned around and met with Indigo eyes. "A-aoi..?" Nene asked, sacredly. Aoi frowns at Nene pale face, she places her hand on Nene's shoulder. "Nene-chan are you okay? You spaced out when I'm in the middle of the rumour...Your face is pale.."

Nene shook her head swinging her hands around, ending it with a big grin. "No! No! I'm Fine Aoi! I was just..." She trailed out, looking at Y/n seats. "...Thinking about something...eheh.." She awkwardly giggles.

"If you say so... But if you need anything, me and Y/n-chan would definitely try to help you~!" "Ahhh~ thank you Aoi.." Nene feels touched with the girl's words. "Anyway, let me tell you the story again since you space out~" Aoi winked. "O-oh okay.."

"Hey, Have you heard of this rumour before..?"

"It's about Number Zero."

Nene shivered at the Title name. 'W-why am I getting nervous with this..?'

"If you ever come in contact with a diamond shaped crystal.. You'll start to remember memories you once forgot."

"You will remember them each passing day.. And on the 7th day.. You will start hallucinating about those old memories."

"You will be given a crystal the day those memories get worse, then you will be brought to an endless void.. Where you will.."

"Die."

Nene paled at Aoi who's just happily telling the cream haired girl stories. "O-oh.. how lovely.." Aoi giggles, she pat Nene's shoulder softly. "Yesterday, Y/n-chan started to get distant and ignore my calls."

"Not that I want her to answer me- No no." Aoi laughs softly. "You get it." Nene nodded with a smile. "I'm worried.." Aoi muttered.

Nene pondered, staring at the ceiling. "I mean... out of the three of us. Y/n-chan would definitely know this rumour before us.." Nene commented, making Aoi nod her head. Akane came along slamming his hand to the table, Nene screeching in surprise.

"I heard you two talking about n/n-chan." Akane grinned, Aoi laughed at the boy. "No no, we're talking about something else~" Akane smiled brightly at them. "I most definitely heard you two talking about her."

"I mean, I was even eavesdropping."

Nene and Aoi blankly stare at the boy while he proudly laughs to himself. "You aren't really supposed to do that..." Nene mumbles, Aoi nodded.

"Akane-san, the teacher needs you! It's about Y/n-san absent!" "Coming~!" Aoi jogged at the student. "I'll see you later Nene-chan!" Aoi smiled waving at Nene where she replied back.

Nene froze in space. 'this.. feels like a deja vu..' Akane coughs, getting Nene's attention.

"Akane-kun.." "I heard about the rumour." His face turned serious almost immediately, Nene nodded. Sweating a bit. "'Number Zero'. What a load of bull crap.. I bet it's one of the apparition pranks again.." Akane mumbled.

"What makes you think that, Akane-kun?" He 'tch-ed'. "I never heard Number Zero before, Yashiro-san." "But.."

"But what if they didn't tell you..? for a reason." Akane became quiet, thinking. "That.. That could be it.."

"Why not try asking me~?"

Nene turn her head to her side and in an instant met with an amber orbs. "EEEEKDWHAUWAD-" Nene screeched, makes everyone in classed flinched in surprised, including Akane. The boy turn to Nene in confusions. "Yashiro-san are you okay..?" "Y-YES!"

"W-WHY NOT YOU- UH- TRY TO THINK A GIFT FOR Y/N-CHAN!" Nene shouts at Akane, pushing him a bit away from her table. "Okay?"

As soon as he got away, Nene sighs in relief then gets cut with an angry tick on her head. "Hanako-kun! What the heck!?" Nene whispered and yelled at the boy, he replied with a laugh. "That was hilarious Yashiro!" She gritted her teeth in anger.

"Will you shut up and tell me what you want from me!?" He stopped laughing, wiping off his tears. "Pff.. alright.. I just miss talking with y/n-sanl~" He winked, as if it would make Nene jealous. "Hah! as if she would talk to a pervert like you!" She turned her head.

"Wha- aw... but still I was just listening to the story.." "Wha- who else is listening to us!? 10k people or something!?" Hanako scratches his cheek, smiling at the girl. "I mean.." Nene sighs. "Whatever.. just continue what your gonna say.."

"Well, About Number Zero.. I think I might have heard them before.." He mumbled, Nene raised her eyebrows. "Really? How are they?" Hanako awkwardly stares at the pen on Nene's desk. "Um.. I never actually met them.." "EH!?"

"shh! Really, I never met them.." He sighs in disappointment, joined by Nene's sighs. "B-But hey!! I know someone who might know about them!" He cheekily floated up. "Oh? who might this be?"

"Tsuchigomori of course!"

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄