66

Hello all, sorry again for being gone for so long. This semester in school is legitimately the worst of my life. I have grossly overcommitted myself and I am regretting it. Basically, I wish I had Spencer's brain right about now.

To clear up questions about the last chapter, here's an explanation. I honestly didn't want to write any more trauma but TLDR: Cat escapes prison and goes to shoot Y/N to get back at Spencer (I imagine the scene similar to Savanna's outside the hospital). Anyway, Y/N dives out of the way (Cat didn't actually want to hurt her since she's pregnant, just enough to scare Spencer and hurt him so she used blanks). Y/N ends up going into emergency surgery and having the twins early, but one of them (Annabel) is more premature than her twin brother Lee. That's pretty much it.

-

-

You towered over the crib, your finger tightly clasped by a little hand. "Look at her little fingers," you whispered, looking over at Spencer, who held your sleeping son in his arms.

"Ah fingers, medical terminology is phalanges. Did you know phalanges is Greek in origin, denoting a body of Macedonian infantry?" He said with a smile. You rolled your eyes, returning your attention to your daughter.

"It's ok Lee, you'll use this knowledge when you become a doctor one day." Diana said, popping up behind you. You turned and smiled, lifting Annabel and placing her in Diana's arms. "And this little angel will probably be president. Or maybe develop the first hover car. Who knows?"

"Little early for career paths, isn't it mom?" Spencer asked, looking up, his hair falling in his face.

"You were four when you decided on your PhD in mathematics, it's never too early," Diana retorted.

You giggled, watching Spencer scrunch up his face in defeat**. He placed Lee down in his crib and scooped you up. "You're going to get it," he threatened making you laugh even more. He carried you out of the room, leaving Diana with the babies momentarily. She had been doing better and you had convinced her to transfer to a facility closer to D.C. for Spencer's sake. He would never admit it but he missed her.

"Alright, alright, put me down," you retorted, hitting his shoulder. He smiled and placed you down, keeping and arm around your waist. Spencer leaned down to place a kiss on your lips but stopped as he heard the doorbell ring. He pulled away and squeezed your arm before running down the steps.

"Babe?" He called from the door. You frowned,

"Spence?" You asked, reaching the front door. He turned and you saw a blonde girl in the doorway. "JJ? What happened?"

She looked at you and smiled softly. "You've been asked to testify against Cat," she said, handing you a stack of papers. You furrowed your eyebrows, looking at her in confusion before turning your attention to the papers.

"I'll do it," you said, looking up and meeting her eyes.

"Y/N," Spencer protested but you didn't listen.