47

It had been 4 months since you had had that terrible fight

It had been 4 months since you had had that terrible fight. 4 months since you were kidnapped. 4 months since you had lost the baby you didn't even know you were carrying. 

It had been 3 months since Spencer had proposed. 3 months since you had moved into the new house with him.

But, it had also been 3 months since you began lying to Spencer.

Every Sunday you said you were going on a run. You would kiss him goodbye, stroking his cheekbone with your fingers. He would whisper a soft 'I love you', caressing your waist before letting you go. You would smile and wave before leaving your home and getting into your car.

You would drive in silence until you got to the building, handing your keys to the valet and walking inside. You would smile at the receptionist out of habit, her seeing you and sending you right up.

You walked into the dark room, the blinds lowering as you closed the door. "Thank you for joining me," the man said quietly, putting down the file he was reading.

You sat down across from him, crossing your legs. "Not like I had much of a choice," you muttered, putting your purse on the ground.

"I would've thought after 3 months of meeting like this, you would have warmed up to me."

"I don't see why? I don't want to be here. I'd much rather be at home with my wonderful fiancé, planning my wedding."

"Well, this arrangement is nonnegotiable."

"I'm aware," you said, standing up and laying on the couch. "Go ahead, let's get this over with."

"You know you don't have to lie on the couch."

"I read the agreement. If I fall asleep, you can't bother me anymore. So maybe, just maybe, I'll fall asleep one of these days."

"Y/N," he said with a sigh. "This is not a punishment. This is to help you."

You sat up, holding your face in your hands. "It's not helping. Rehashing the events of April and May are not what I want. I never want to think about any of this ever again. I just want to move on with my life."

"I understand."

"Like hell you understand. If you understood, you wouldn't have me here."

"Y/N, therapy is not the enemy."

"I am aware. I'm halfway through a PhD in neuroscience. I just don't need to keep talking about this. I was kidnapped and lost my baby. But, Spencer found me, he locked up Susan and James, and he's been by my side every minute he could be since the events."

The man nodded, taking his glasses off. You continued, without taking a breath. "I'm fine. I internalized what I went through. And yeah, it was one of the worst experiences of my life. But, I'm ok. I'm healthy, I'm safe, and I'm with a man who makes me feel safer than I ever thought possible."