53

Spencer sat at the table, his head in his hands, as he talked to Garcia and Emily

Spencer sat at the table, his head in his hands, as he talked to Garcia and Emily. "She's everything to me. And I keep messing up. I keep putting her in danger. I keep hurting her. She's the source of my happiness. And I keep ruining it. She's going to leave me. She's going to find someone better. Someone that isn't constantly traumatizing her."

You shook your head, leaning against the doorframe and frowning. "You're my everything, Spencer Reid," you said, making him jump out of his chair.

He pulled you into a hug, pressing his nose into your shoulder, taking a deep breath.** You cried softly, pressing yourself tightly against him. "Pretty girl, I missed you," he whispered.

You pulled away, holding his face in your hand, your thumb reaching his lower lip gently. "I'm not leaving you. I'm never leaving you. And, this is not your fault. I love you so much it hurts me to be away from you Spence. I don't sleep well without you. I don't focus, I don't smile as much. So, why on earth, would I leave the one person that brings me light in a world of darkness?"

Spencer smiled, pulling you in for a kiss. He didn't care that he was at work, he didn't care that it was unprofessional, nor did he care that everyone was watching. All he cared about was that you were back safe and sound in his arms. You smiled against his lips, your hands playing with his hair.

The two of you separated after the wolf-whistle from Morgan, with you turning and glaring at him. "Pretty boy, I see why she stays," he joked, giving Spencer a shoulder squeeze as he entered the room. Spencer blushed in response, making you smile even bigger.

"Wait, how are you here?" Spencer asked, turning to you. You looked over at Hotch, leaning into Spencer's arms.

"Aaron realized you needed me. So he played the FBI card and got me out."

Spencer nodded and wrapped his arms around you, holding you securely. "Alright lovebirds, we still have to figure out if James is really behind all of this. Penelope, please tell me you found something," Rossi said, grinning at the two of you.

You tried to leave Spencer's hold, moving to sit down but he tightened his grip, making you squeak lightly. Everyone looked at you in worry. "I'm fine," you said with a smile, narrowing your eyes at Spencer. He smiled at you, kissing your forehead. "Spence, you're going to have to let me go eventually," you whispered. He shook his head, turning to look at the screen.

"Never letting you go again," he muttered.

"Alright, so I looked into James and he's off the grid. However, through my magic, I found a bank account in Dubai that he used to send money to. And through tracking the charges on that, I have found two condos he owns. One in Michigan, and one here in D.C."

"I don't think he would have gone to Michigan. It's too far in case something goes awry. He needs to be in control," you said, making everyone turn.

"Didn't we classify him as harmless last time?" Morgan asked.

"Guys, I just found his psych evaluation for when he tried to join the CIA. They classified him as a high-functioning sociopath."

"Of course they did," Spencer muttered, grimacing at the thought of James. You frowned and rubbed his back gently. You hated that this was affecting Spencer. That your stupid high school stalker had turned into this fiasco.

"How about we continue to work out who James convinced to do his bidding. In the meantime, I'm sending a forensic team to your house Reid. Garcia, I'd like you to keep the cameras on 24/7, if that's ok with the two of you."

"It's fine," you said quickly, not letting Spencer argue. "Would it be ok if we headed back to the house to be there when the forensics team arrives? I don't particularly feel comfortable with random people in my home without one of us there. Especially with the hooded figure over the last few days."

"Thats fine. We'll be here if you need anything," Hotch said, giving you a soft smile. You nodded and laced your fingers with Spencer's, pulling him out of the room.

He looked over at you and blinked slowly as you got into the car. You tilted your head, watching him closely. "Everything ok?" you asked, reaching for his hand, missing his touch.

"I cannot imagine life without you. I promise we'll figure this out pretty girl."

"I know we will."

"You're my best friend," he whispered.

You blushed, lifting yourself and kissing him. His hand wrapped around your throat, pulling you closer. You hummed happily against his lips, tugging at his hair, forgetting the imminent threat to your life.

You pulled apart, looking into his eyes as a smile took its place on your face. "Spence, you're my best friend too."

-
10 points if you can figure out what song I listened to while writing this.