14

You didn't get a chance to see Spencer again after he lectured in your class

You didn't get a chance to see Spencer again after he lectured in your class. That evening he had been pulled away to an emergency in New Jersey. You knew he would be careful, but you still worried.

That Saturday morning you sat on your couch watching some TV when your phone rang. You picked it up, seeing it was from an unknown number. "Hello?" you asked cautiously.

"Hello beautiful," Spencer whispered, causing your heart to flutter.

"Spencer, are you ok? Are you hurt?" You rambled worriedly.

"Y/N, breathe, I'm fine. My phone got broken during a bit of a skirmish. Nothing bad, it's just I have to get a new one when I get back," he answered.

"Skirmish? Did you tackle someone? I told you to let Derek do that," you argued, sliding to the floor of your living room.

"I am also an FBI agent, Y/N. It comes with the territory. I'm fine. Just know you won't be able to call me, but, if there's an emergency, you can have Garcia send Derek a message. He doesn't know about you specifically, but he knows you exist. So if you need me, I'll only be a little game of telephone away."

"Just be careful. How's the case going?"

"It's been rough, we're dealing with missing kids which is never easy. But the third kid doesn't fit with the other two. Somethings off."

"I'm sure you'll figure it out, Mr. 187," you said reassuringly. Spencer smiled at your comment.

"Uh, I have to go but I'll call you tonight when we get back to the hotel, yeah?"

"Yeah that's sounds good Spence. Bye. Love you," you said before hanging up and pressing play on the remote.

Spencer held the payphone to his ear as he heard the click, his breath hitching in his throat. He took a breath and placed the phone on the stand. He picked up his bag and walked to the left, only to realize he needed to go right.

The entire day his head was spinning. He was dying to talk to you but the case was getting crazier. There was no way the unsub killed the third boy. Someone else had done it.

It was late that night when Spencer got up out of bed to go find a pay phone, seeing as using the hotel phone would basically tell Derek. "Reid, what are you doing?" Derek asked, knocking into Spencer as he opened the door to leave the room.

"I was going to go for a walk to clear my head about the case," he lied. Derek arched an eyebrow at him.

"Alright so how about the truth this time?" Derek said, blocking the door. Spencer sighed and moved his hair out of his face.

"I was thinking about Y/N, wishing I could call her. I never would have cared about a broken phone but now, it's like it's my biggest issue."

"Y/N? The girl you called me about like 2 months ago?"

"Yeah. And when we were getting off the phone earlier, she said "Bye. Love you". Just like that, "bye, love you." I know it was just a slip, but..."

"But she said it, Reid. She said it," Derek argued. "Did you say it back?"

"I want to say it to her in person. I've never loved anyone before. And Derek, I love her. Like really love her," Spencer said quietly. Derek grinned as he hugged Spencer tightly.

"Pretty boy, you've got game. I came to find you because I got a text from Garcia that said 'existentialist'. I asked her what it meant and she said you would know."

Spencer's face filled with worry. He picked up the hotel phone and dialed your number. The phone rang three times before you finally picked it up. "Hello? Spence, is that you?"

"Yeah, it's me. Is everything ok. Are you ok?" Spencer began rambling, like you had earlier.

"Everything's ok. It's actually more than ok. I have good news," you said excitedly, grinning. Ever since you got the news you were itching to tell him. You knew Spence would be happy for you, he would probably give you the best hug. You wished he was here. "I got an MIT interview Spence," you exclaimed.

Spencer's face broke into a huge grin.** "That's my girl. Not that I ever doubted you," he said with a smile. You could hear how happy he was for you through the phone.

You got butterflies in your stomach, hearing him call you his girl. "Hurry up and get back to me safe and sound. I miss waking up in your arms."

Spencer continued to smile. "Good night beautiful. I'll be back as soon as I can," he said before ending he call. He looked up at Derek, heat rising to his cheeks. "She got an MIT interview. I'm so proud of her." Spencer gushed. Derek smiled, shaking his head.

"Never did I think I'd see the day where a girl managed to keep you and your mind occupied. I'm happy for you man."

Spencer laid down in the bed, smiling as sleep overtook him. He dreamed of you, dreamed of your smile, your laugh, your everything. He was hopelessly in love with you. And he couldn't wait to tell you.