59

Twenty minutes later, your mother came into the room, carrying a plate of waffles and a coffee

Twenty minutes later, your mother came into the room, carrying a plate of waffles and a coffee. "Eat up, you won't have a chance for anything else until the reception," she said, handing you the food.

"Mom, you're not mad, right?" you asked, looking up at her.

"Mad? No. How could I be mad when my little girl has found the man she wants to spend the rest of her life with." You smiled, hugging her. "Although I'm not surprised, I knew he was the one when you called me about him."

"How? I had just told you he came to class and gave a presentation?" You wondered, looking at her quizzically.

"I could hear your smile through the phone. I'd say it was love at first sight, but that may just be me," she whispered, kissing your forehead before leaving you to your thoughts.

Eventually, all the girls flooded into the room, helping you with your hair and makeup. "Remember the Christmas gift 2 years ago?" Lola asked, making you blush. "Well, I got you a wedding gift, it's in your suitcase," she continued.

"Lola, I'll kill you," you muttered, biting your lip.

"Stop being such a prude. There's a mark on your throat that says otherwise. Spencer snuck in last night?"

"I invited him," you corrected, making everyone stop and look at you. "He didn't see me, superstition still intact!" You exclaimed, making everyone laugh.

An hour and twenty-seven minutes later, you were sitting in front of the mirror, dress on and veil in your hair. You had your something borrowed, your mom's diamond earrings, your something old and blue being the sapphire necklace you had on. You were twirling your ring around your finger as you waited for your dad. Diana came over and tapped your shoulder. You smiled and stood up, hugging her. "Hi dear one. I have something new for you," she said, placing a lavender rose bracelet around your wrist. "It symbolizes love at first sight. That may not have been how you came to see my son, but it's how he perceived you."

You looked at the bracelet, beaming at the woman. "Diana, it beautiful. Thank you."

"I don't know if Spencer ever told you but he writes to me every day. I have the letter he wrote to me the day he met you. He'd probably kill me if I told you what he wrote but a gist is that he was infatuated with you the moment you spoke to him."

"You're sure?" you asked.

"Your intelligence drew him to you. But it was your kindness and your love that kept him. Thank you for loving him. He needed you, he didn't know it but he did."

You sighed, tearing up as you squeezed her hands. "He's my home. He makes me feel safe, makes me feel whole. Thank you for raising such a wonderful man."

Diana smiled at you and hugged you again. "Sweetheart, you ready?" Your dad asked, making you pull away and nod. Everyone shuffled out of the house, you and your father standing in the doorway of your room.