7

It was finally Tuesday and you stood in front of the mirror, smoothing out your olive green dress

It was finally Tuesday and you stood in front of the mirror, smoothing out your olive green dress. It was just above knee length, with an a-line shape. You kept tugging at the skirt, feeling like it was too scandalous. It wasn't too bad when you were wearing it with converse. But with heels, it looked like you were trying too hard. You sighed and sat down on your bed, burying your face in your hands.

You didn't want Spencer to think you couldn't dress yourself. This was technically your third date. But, it was the first real date you'd have with him. You stood up and decided to go with the heels, hoping he wouldn't take you anywhere that you had to walk too much. You pulled at your hair, making sure the curls didn't bunch together. You hated when they did that, it looked like you had 3 ribbons for hair.

Just as you were putting on some lip balm, you heard a knock on your door. You took one last look in the mirror before you grabbed your purse and rushed to the door. You swung it open and the smile on your face faded. "Hey! You look really pretty Y/N. Although you don't look very happy to see me," Nate said, leaning against your doorway.

"Hey Nate, sorry. I was just expecting someone else. What's up?"

"Oh nothing, I just wanted to watch the newest NCIS episode with you," he replied.

You smiled lightly. "I'm sorry I already have plans for tonight. But, I will definitely take you up on that offer later in the week ok?" Nate nodded and smiled in response, pulling you into a hug.

"Have fun, but not too much fun. Where are you going, anyway?"

"I actually don't know. It's supposed to be a surprise. You're sure I look ok?"

"You look amazing," Nate reassured you. "I'll see you tomorrow in class?"

You nodded and waved goodbye to him, closing the door. You guess you still had a few minutes. It was only 6:57pm. And you were pretty sure Spencer was the kind of person to be exactly on time.

Spencer knocked on your door at exactly 7:00 pm, being insanely punctual. You opened the door with a grin. Spencer took a breath and smiled at you. "You look absolutely beautiful," he whispered. "I got these for you," he said, handing you blue hydrangeas.

You blushed and accepted the flowers, putting them on the entry table. "These are my favorites. How did," you began before tapering off. "FBI profiler, how could I forget," you muttered, watching him smirk. You leaned up and kissed his cheek lightly. "Thank you, they're beautiful."

Spencer smiled as his cheeks flushed slightly and held out his hand for yours. You laced your fingers with his, pulling your door closed. "So, are you planning on telling me where we're going?" you asked softly as you walked towards the elevators.

"Patience, dear grasshopper. All will reveal itself in time."

"Spencerrrrrrr," you whined, letting go of his hand. His eyebrow twitched as you wrapped your arms around his neck, the elevator door closing as you did so. "You've kept me in the dark for so long. I'm dying of excitement."

Spencer tensed, trying not to grab your waist as you pressed yourself against him. He leaned down and placed a quick kiss on your lips, pulling away gently. You groaned and pulled his head back down, meeting his lips for a longer kiss.

Eventually, the elevator doors opened, signaling you had reached the main lobby. You pulled away and clasped your hand with his. You walked out of the building towards his car, with Spencer opening as closing the car door for you. He slid into the drivers seat and turned to look at you. "Don't think I didn't notice you trying to get tonight's plans out of me."

You feigned surprise and laughed. "I did no such thing," you replied. Spencer smiled and turned left, pulling into a parking lot. You looked up and saw a beautiful observatory. "Spencer, what do you have up your sleeve?"

"So eager," he muttered, putting the car in park. He got out and opened your door, offering you his arm. You groaned at his attempts to evade your questions. You did not enjoy surprises. He led you to the backside of the observatory, where a blanket was laid out on the ground. There were candles all along the ground and a picnic basket filled with some kind of food. You stopped in your tracks, turning to look at him.

"Spencer," you said breathlessly. He smiled at you, not expecting you to throw your arms around him. "This is the sweetest thing anyone has every done for me."

He pulled away and held your waist. "You haven't even seen it all. I did promise something big," he whispered, kissing your hand, causing you to grin. You liked that he didn't flinch away from your touch anymore. Maybe he trusted you. You hoped so. You trusted him. You trusted him way more than you should have, only knowing him for a week.

He led you to the area he had set up and sat down, patting the place next to him. You placed yourself on the blue blanket, careful not to let your dress ride up. He reached for the basket and opened it, bringing out French pastries and bread and cheese. "These are from one of my favorite bakeries. They only speak in French so it's an authentic experience," he explained, playing with the wrapper.

"I love it. I love everything French. Tell me you didn't do this because of something you found out from my file," you said teasingly.

"Y/N, I didn't read your file. Not that you really have a file. The flowers were just an assumption, you had them in your high school graduation photos. And the bakery really is a favorite of mine," Spencer assured you. You nodded and picked up some bread.

"Well, let me tell you, I'm a whore for bread," you joked, watching his eyes widen a little. He laughed and began to eat, his left hand not leaving your knee for the rest of the meal.

Soon enough, you had eaten more carbs than you could have ever imagined. Spencer laid down on the blanket, his back against the soft blue fabric. You followed suit, laying next to him, your shoulders touching. You talked about random things. "Spencer, I'm curious," you began, causing him to turn and look at you. "What made you want to talk to me?"

He smiled gently, lacing his hand with yours. "I already told you. You understood my joke. No one understands my jokes," he spoke softly, looking up at the stars.** You blushed, turning to lean into him.

"It was a good joke," you replied, resting your head on his chest. He wrapped his arm around you, holding you against his chest. "Spencer, this is perfect," you whispered, raising your head lightly and kissing him gently. You pulled away and sighed contently, staying wrapped in his arms as you watched the stars.