43

"Spencer?" You asked, playing with his hair, kissing his jaw lightly

"Hmm?" he asked, his hands loosely gripping your waist, holding you against him.

"We should visit your mom," you said, looking up at him, settling into his lap.

"Really?"

"Yeah. I mean you have the time off and so do I. Let's go."

"Ok," Spencer whispered, kissing you sweetly. "You never fail to amaze me with your big heart."

"Oh shush," you said, hugging him tightly, relaxing into his embrace. Spencer smiled and traced circles on your arm. You smiled and closed your eyes, resting your head on his chest.

Two days later, you and Spencer boarded a plane to Las Vegas, your nerves kicking in because of what happened the week before. "Baby, it's ok, the team caught them," he soothed, kissing your forehead. You nodded and snuggled into his side, falling asleep to Spencer playing with your hair.

The moment you stepped foot into Diana's facility, she engulfed you in a hug. "Y/N! I'm so happy to see you."

"You too Diana," you whispered.

"I would've killed you if you lost this girl, you know that right?" she said from over your shoulder. You laughed, shaking your head as she let you go.

"Yes mom, I know. I would die without her." Spencer muttered, locking eyes with you. You blushed and looked down, tears running down your face.

"Well, it's good that you're aware of that," Diana joked, ruffling Spencer's hair before pulling him into a hug. ** Y/N! Why are you crying? Did Spencer do something?" She asked, releasing him. "Did you do something?"

Spencer laughed and pulled you into his side, kissing your temple. "Happy tears?"

You looked up and nodded. "Happy tears. I'm sorry, I cry when I'm happy," you said looking at Diana. She smiled and nodded.

"I assume this happens quite a lot?"

"Basically any time I tell her I love her," Spencer teased. You rolled your eyes, tilting your head against his. Diana grinned and sat down on the couch, patting the spot next to her.

"So when are you two getting married?"

"Mom!" Spencer protested.

"Don't act like it's not inevitable," she reasoned. You shrugged, looking at Spencer.

"Spence knows I'll say yes, he's just got to ask," you said softly, making Spencer and Diana smile.

"Hurry it up then," Diana muttered, making you laugh. Spencer shook his head as he played with your fingers. "And give me some grandchildren while you're at it."

You tensed and Spencer froze, looking at you carefully. You took a breath and gave Diana a tight-lipped smile. "Someday, I promise."

Spencer squeezed your hand, his arm wrapping around you, holding you close. You spent the next couple hours with Diana, until visiting hours were over.

Spencer called a taxi, opening the door for you. You smiled and slid in, leaning against Spencer as the driver drove you to your hotel. You looked at Spencer in confusion as the car pulled up to the Bellagio.

"Thank you," Spencer said, handing the taxi driver money. He held the door open for you and grabbed your suitcases out of the trunk. You shook your head, frowning softly.

"Tell me you didn't."

"This weekend is for relaxing," Spencer said, kissing you softly. You melted into his arms, hugging him. 

"Let's go to our room," you whispered. Spencer nodded, linking your fingers. He guided you to the elevators, pressing the button for the 18th floor.

You followed Spencer to your room, collapsing onto the bed as soon as you walked in. He laughed, laying down next to you. "Spence?"

"Hmm?"

"I'm sorry I didn't tell your mom."

"Pretty girl, we don't need to rehash it. Besides, I don't want to upset her anyway."

"Neither do I."

"How are we feeling about a bath?" Spencer asked, kissing your ear. You nodded, sitting up. Spencer pulled you up and whisked you out of bed and into the giant bathroom. In the middle was a green marble mind bathtub with bubbles galore. You looked at Spencer, shaking your head as you reached for his tie. Spencer grabbed your waist, pulling you against him. "I hope you know just how much I love you"

You smiled and looked up his face "I forget, I think I need a refresher"

"Is that so?" Spencer asked with a raised eyebrow

"It is so" you said with a smile and kissed him gently. "I love you. I'm sorry for everything. I don't ever want to be without you"

"I love you too. Now relax. That's what this is all for. For us to spend the weekend together. To make up for lost time."

You eased into Spencer's arms in the tub and closed your eyes. You were content. Everything was perfect. Or as perfect as it could've been given the past week.

You spent the rest of the time in Vegas visiting random places Spencer found memorable from his childhood and with Diana.

A few hours before you left for D.C., you sat with Diana, talking about the works of T.S. Eliot, one of your favorite authors. "I always thought Spencer would end up like Prufrock. I was hoping he wouldn't though. I'm glad he found you."

"If anything, I would end up like that Diana. Spencer is the light of my life. Before him, I had, for all intents and purposes, measured out my life with coffee spoons," you said with a smile. Diana held your hand, squeezing it gently.

Spencer appeared, watching you closely. "I know the voices dying with a dying fall. Beneath the music from a farther room. So how should I presume?" He continued, handing you a glass of water. "Why are you quoting T.S. Eliot?"

"He's a good writer," you said simply.

Diana looked up between you two and bit her lip. "April is the cruelest month, breeding lilacs out of the dead land, mixing memory and desire, stirring dull roots with spring rain," she said, making you both look at her with raised eyebrows. "For a profiler you're terrible at hiding things Spencer. Something obviously happened beyond the fight."

"Mom, we don't really want to discuss it," Spencer argued.

"You don't have to tell me. Just remember that you have found your happiness, your universe."

"I won't dare disturb it," Spencer muttered, kissing the top of your head. You smiled, leaning into his embrace.

"Alright, that's enough Eliot for today," Diana said, clapping her hands. "Don't you two have a plane to catch?"

-

Diana is super into English literature so I threw in one of my favorite authors. Let me tell you, I have very random things I hyperfocus on, and this is just one of them.