15. The First Text

The sun peaked over the quiet neighborhood as people slowly began to wake up, starting their morning. Jane and Walter Granger were already in the kitchen cooking breakfast while the couple were still sound asleep. Up in her room, Hermione shifted in her bed, turning in to feel a male’s chest. It must be a dream, right? Hermione ignored it and instead nuzzled even closer to the guy, feeling his warmth. She felt a heavy arm wrapped around her waist with the other just underneath her shoulders as the owner of the strong arms held her close to him. Their legs were entangled together as they slept soundly on the bed.

Hermione suddenly awoke, fearing she had missed her alarm. Lazily, she opened her eyes and groaned as she yawned. She looked straight ahead to see a white shirt. “What?” She muttered, rubbing her eyes as she shook away the last bit of sleep still clinging to her. She blinked several times as she looked at the man in her bed. Draco. “Why are you up here?” She whispered, her mind still catching up. “Wait,” Hermione’s eyes widened as she sat up. “Why are you in my bed?” She exclaimed, looking down to see if she was wearing clothes. She was. “Oh thank goodness,”

Draco groaned, pulling her back down on the bed and nuzzling his head against her neck. “Let’s just sleep,” He whispered, tightening his grip around her waist and trapping her legs with his. “Five more minutes …” He sighed out, still sound asleep.

Hermione immediately froze as she felt his breath on her neck. With each breath he took, a shiver was sent down her spine. She gulped hard, trying to control her breathing. She carefully looked over at him, trying to push his arms off of her but he had an iron grip on her. Giving up, she simply stayed in her spot - in his arms. Turning her body towards him, she gazed intently at his face. Before she knew it, her hand was up and very gently tracing his nose, his eyes, and eyebrows. Merlin, her body was doing things entirely different from her mind. Hermione quickly pulled her hand back with shock and shame as if she had just committed a huge sin. “What the hell am I doing right now?” She muttered before shoving him off of her. “Get up!”

Draco flung over to the other side of the bed, groaning from the rude awakening. “What? What is it?” He asked, stretching as he rubbed his eyes.

“What are you doing in my bed, Malfoy?” Hermione asked, getting up and crossing her arms across her chest.

He looked confused. Furrowing his eyebrows, Draco finally opened his eyes one at a time and blinked a few times before processing everything. “Granger?” He asked groggily. And Hermione had to admit, his low, husky I-just-woke-up-voice was extremely sexy.

Hermione shook her head, mentally slapping herself for thinking such thoughts. “Yes, what were you doing in my bed? I thought you were sleeping on the floor.”

“Hm?” He asked, looking around and plopping his head back down on the bed. “I don’t know, how did I get up here?”

“That’s exactly what I want to know.” Hermione stated, taking just a few steps away from the bed - just to distance herself some more.

“That’s strange,” Draco said, finally sitting up in bed as he rubbed his face roughly with his hands. “But that was possibly the best sleep I’ve had in a very long time.” He admitted, still groggily as he ran his hands through his messy bed hair. “Maybe it was you,”