17. The Opposition

Hermione paced around his flat nervously, chewing on her nails. “Oh my god. What have we done? What did we just do? No, why would your mother have a change of heart so suddenly? No, it doesn’t make sense.” She whispered feverishly to herself when she caught sight of Draco sitting in a daze on the couch. “Well, do something! Your mother just said to get married and you’re not even doing anything?!” She roared, walking over and grabbing some pillows off the couch, and chucking them at Draco.

“Ouch, damn woman! Calm down!” He shouted, getting up and avoiding all the pillows. “We-we’ll make things work, we’ll solve this out.”

“Are you fuc--” Hermione stopped herself before she exploded, slapping a hand over her mouth as she placed a hand on her hip. “No, I’m sorry. Let me rephrase that - how the bloody hell will you get us out of this mess?!” And she exploded. The ticking time bomb finally went off. “How? Huh? Smart guy, amuse me because I never signed up to walk down the aisle to get married to you!” She yelled, jabbing her finger into his chest angrily with each word. “How will you fix it, genius?”

Draco sighed, grabbed her hands and staring down at her. “Just, calm down first. And we’ll talk.”

Hermione thrashed around, trying to pry her hands free from his grip. “Let go, now. I’m going to give you three seconds, Draco Malfoy.”

“And I’m not letting go until you promise me you won’t attack me and we’ll just sit to have an actual conversation.”

“Don’t mess with me,” Hermione warned, trying to yank her hands free from him. “3,”

“If you count to one, I’m going to kiss you.” Draco quickly said sincerely. “I’ll do it.”

Hermione looked at him with crazed eyes, sighing as she looked away. “You’re unbelievable.”

“Granger,”

“Fine! Okay, fine, I won’t try to kill you.” She said earnestly, staring at her hands. “Now, let go.”

“Okay, good.” He said, slowly releasing her hands from his grip. The second he did, Hermione grabbed a chunk of his hair with one hand while the other slapped his head. “Ow! I thought you just said you wouldn’t attack me!” He shouted, trying to pry her off but she had a steel grip on him.

“I said I’d try! And I failed because I’m going to kill you, Draco Malfoy!” Hermione shouted, beating the living dead out of him.

After several minutes of what seemed like hell to Draco, they sat down on either ends of the couch. Hermione was breathing heavily as she tried to compose herself, fixing her hair. Draco was cowered in fear on the other side, rubbing his head in attempts to relieve the pain. “You’re a monster.” Draco whispered to her, shaking his head.

“I don’t need a wand to fight my battles,” She warned him with a wink. “Now, I got that out of my system. You want to talk, let’s talk. How are you going to fix it?”

Draco cleared his throat, shifting in his seat so that his body was facing Hermione. “I don’t believe my mother,”