28. The Master Plan

--

Hermione walked back towards her office from Ron's office and sighed as everyone looked away from her. This morning when she had showed up to work not a single person said anything to her - not even an insult. They all avoided eye contact with her and didn't say a word to her. She wondered maybe it was because they had seen the latest article - a moving picture of her kiss with Draco last night and her confession. Maybe they felt bad for treating her the way they did. She knew it was wrong to, but she couldn't help but feel a tad bit of happiness to see them all awkwardly looking away. She walked into her office, but spotted a woman standing right in her office.

The woman turned around and Hermione came face to face with Astoria Greengrass. Hermione turned around to see a huddle of workers staring right into her office. She rolled her eyes and shut the door behind her, clearing her throat. "Miss Greengrass, what brings you here to my office?" Hermione asked as she walked behind her desk, taking a seat.

"I'd like to talk to you," Astoria said with a deep frown.

"About?" Hermione asked, folding her hands together and placing them on her desk.

"I don't know why you did what you did last night, but I'm here to tell you that it isn't over. The wedding is still happening and it's tomorrow," Astoria stated with a hint of a malicious smirk.

"Oh, is that so?" Hermione asked with a condescending tone hanging off her voice as she smiled.

Astoria certainly didn't miss the particular tone and tasted something sour in her mouth. "Let me tell you something,"

"I'd be more than happy to listen to what you have to say," Hermione said with sarcasm dripping from voice lethally.

"You may think that you've won and that you have Draco all for yourself, but you couldn't be more wrong."

Hermione stared at Astoria, arching up an eyebrow as her lips curled up into an amused smile. "Oh?"

"Narcissa hasn't done anything to stop the wedding. My parents are still preparing for the wedding. You see? The world hasn't stopped just because you shared a kiss with Draco. Time is still moving forward and I'm going to marry Draco tomorrow."

Hermione nodded as she looked down at her nails. "How is Narcissa by the way?" She asked, dismissing Astoria's empty threat in a blink of an eye.

Astoria stared long and hard as her face hardened. "She's great,"

Hermione's smirk got even bigger as she rested her chin on the palm of her hand. "Oh, really?" She asked in a sing-song voice. "So, you do know she was sick the past few days, right?"

Astoria's eyes widened as she cleared her throat. "O-of course, I was with her."

"Well, maybe you should go talk to her - check in on her. From what I've heard from Draco, she's feeling much better now."