30. The Epilogue

two months later ...

6 p.m.

Hermione lowered her gaze on Draco as she groaned. "You know what, let's end this." She sighed out, placing her hand over her forehead. "I'm tired of arguing with you about this." She snapped.

"Well, maybe if you had listened to me in the first place, we wouldn't be here." Draco fired back as he shot daggers Hermione's way. "You want to end this?"

Hermione pressed her lips into a thin line as she looked away, nodding. "Let's. Obviously, this isn't working out." She whispered.

"Fine, it's settled then. It's over." Draco replied quietly, looking down at the ground.

--

rewind - 11 a.m.

"Oh, congratulations you two!" Pansy shouted as she pulled Hermione into a warm embrace. "I've been waiting for this day for a very long time, Hermione."

Hermione chuckled, hugging Pansy back. "Thank you,"

Pansy pulled away and hugged Draco. "Well? Are you two excited?"

"Cold feet?" Blaise chimed in as he winked at Draco.

"No, I don't feel anything but happiness. I'm happy as long as Hermione's happy," Draco wrapped an arm around her waist, pulling her close to him and kissing her cheek.

Hermione forced a small grin upon her face as she nodded. "Of course," She avoided eye contact with Draco and let out a deep breath. "Well, I need to start getting ready for the wedding, so ..." She said, pulling away from Draco and walking over to Pansy. "I will see you at the ceremony."

"Can't wait," Draco winked as he pulled Blaise aside. "Have fun,"

Hermione nodded and quickly walked away with Pansy. She immediately apparated them to the spa where Ginny was waiting for them.

"Woah, what's the big rush?" Pansy asked, peering over at Hermione.

"Nothing, it's just ... I'm so excited." Hermione lied through her teeth with a smile. "Well, are you ready to get a nice spa treatment?" She asked, changing the subject.

"Oh, you have no idea." Pansy moaned out as she laughed. "Let's go, Ginny's already inside."

Hermione followed behind her friend with an uneasy grin.

--

Draco closed the door behind him and stared at Blaise. "Does Hermione seem ... odd to you?" He asked his friend curiously with arched brows.