11. Decisions

I knew nothing for certain.

That was of course excluding the one fact I could be absolutely sure of. This next week was certainly going to be one of the worst and hardest ones of my life. And I knew I had a decision to make.

Do I provide a statement for Sirius's case?

Although, it was so hard to care about any of that as I awoke the morning after the trail, my senses drowning in a sweet and woody aroma, and a large forearm draped over my chest, lazily.

I turned slightly, as best I could under Fred's grip, and faced him, studying his sleepy features whilst I had the chance. I felt compelled to brush away the tousled, golden locks that had fallen across his face in the night, and as my fingers made contact with his skin I felt him stir slightly.

"Fancy seeing you here" I whispered, mimicking the very words he spoke to me the night before, and I watched as his lips curled up in a grin and he reluctantly opened one of his eyes, groaning slightly at the harsh sunlight that beamed in through the open window.

"Morning love" He rasped, before closing his eye and pulling me into his chest, resting his chin on the top of my head, the safety of his embrace more comforting than anything I'd ever known.

"Sleep well?" He asked as he released me from his strong arms, giving me a chance to breathe.

I nodded with a gentle giggle before reaching up to litter soft kisses along his jawline and cheek before eventually connecting our lips. He kissed me back with zero hesitation, cupping my jaw almost instantly, and I felt as he smiled gently against this kiss for a brief moment.

Before long, and without the breaking of our connection, he began to sit himself up against the headboard and I mirrored his movements, holding onto his shoulders for support.

Then, in a moment of what I can only describe to be newly profound confidence I broke our kiss and straddled his lap with slight caution.

The insecurity must have been practically radiating off my movements, although Fred didn't seem to mind as he watched me with a gentle expression, although the intent behind it was anything but innocent.

I linked my arms around his neck and leant my body forward slightly, watching as a sinful glint sparked in the depths of those hazel eyes.

Fred's hand found the back of my neck and pulled me down towards him, closing the gap and colliding our lips once again, and I struggled to bite back soft whimpers, that Fred only took as encouragement, responding accordingly and further deepening the kiss.

His other hand, however, was soft and gentle as it began to trace shapes into my inner thigh, taking advantage of the newly exposed skin as my shorts had ridden up slightly, due to my current position.

"Tell me to stop love" He whispered low and heavy into my mouth as he broke the kiss momentarily.

I couldn't verbalise how much I wanted anything but the absence of his touch. I didn't need to go any further than this, I just needed him. Here. Now. Always.

I never wanted to be without his fingers in my hair or his feather light touches as he stroked my skin. I wanted nothing more than to hold him close and be consumed by the intoxicating aroma he radiated. I wanted to forever be lost within the pool of those dangerously deep eyes.

"Tell me to stop" He repeated as his fingers began to drift higher and his breathing grew more rugged and uncontrolled.

"No" I managed to exhale through breathy pants and suppressed whimpers.