29. The wolf

(A/N) Hey everyone, thank you again for the continuous love on this story, I love to watching it grow and seeing new people start reading everyday.

I hope you are all doing well, this is just a reminder to comment and vote if you enjoy this as even one comment really helps me as a writer, and if you want updates and to know more about me head over to my TikTok (username is the same as on here)

Love you all, thank you for everything and I hope you enjoy this chapter as I enjoyed writing it so much, also please don't hate me for the next few chapters...shits about to get rough.

<333

~~~~~

"Morning love" Fred whispered suddenly from the sofa behind me, his voice drained and dry as he coughed slightly, the gravelly husk to his words warming and gentle despite its deep tone.

I whipped my head around instantly, my neck stiff and achy as I hadn't adjusted my position on the floor, my back leaning against the sofa, in a number of hours, although my hand was still interlaced with Fred's as his arm hung off the couch.

"Have you been down there all night?" He asked groggily as he reached to cup my jaw, running the pad of thumb in soft circles over my flushed cheek.

"Yeah, I didn't want to leave. How are you feeling?" I whispered softly, reaching my free hand to brush away the few pieces of ruffled ginger hair that hung over his tired eyes, as a gentle smile tugged at his lips.

"Okay I think" Fred whispered through a yawn, reaching down to lift his t-shirt, a black Beatles band tee Remus had given him the night before, and admiring the badges secured around his ribs, blood seeping through and painting the surface.

"Shit Fred, sit up so I can change them" I quickly insisted, pulling myself to my feet and grabbing my wand and a vial of dittany off the side in order to clean Fred's wound.

Fred groaned in sickening pain as he pulled himself into a seated potion, clenching his jaw and muttering profanities beneath his breath as he clutched his side and fought the urge to sob.

"It's alright Freddie" I whispered, slipping him some calming draught before tending to his ribs, removing the old bandages, cleaning the jagged and inflamed gash slicing down his side, and redressing the wound with fresh bandages, just as Remus emerged from his room.

"How are you feeling Mr McCartney?" Remus asked as he stood over the sofa, the playful and mocking sarcasm evident in his tone as both him and myself stifled a laugh, glancing between ourselves and then over to Fred.

"I'm sorry?" Fred questioned, a puzzled look taking over his features as he furrowed his brows and pulled his bottom lip between his teeth.

"You don't remember?" I giggled, sitting on the edge of the sofa and running my supple fingers calmingly through Fred's disheveled locks to try and distract from the evident pain coursing through his body.

"Remember what?" He asked in concern, frantically glancing between Remus and I.

"I gave you a potion for the pain last night and it sent you a little loopy, it was rather funny" Remus explained with a chuckle, watching as Fred's cheeks burnt a dark crimson and he groaned at his own embarrassment.

"I didn't say anything too bad, did I?"

~~~~~

"The potion should start kicking in around now" Remus explained, handing me a black ACDC t-shirt and motioned for me to place it over Fred's head as he laid on Remus's sofa in only his boxers and a bandage across his torso.