A final thank you

Before I punish the last official chapter of Obsidian & Bronze (there will be an epilogue to come soon) I figured it was only right that I said a small thank you!

I started this story for a couple of reasons. The first being that I felt, and often still feel, like I lacked purpose or drive. I felt very stuck and I had nothing to push me forward, nothing I could be proud of. The second of which being that I loved to write and had no outlet to channel my passion into.

I wrote draft after draft, critique after critique until I stumbled across the little cavity in my brain that was holding this story captive and finally decided to set it free. Is writing unrealistic love stories about fictional characters on the internet the most conventional way to start writing? Probably not. But I'm happy, and I've learnt over the past few months that that is all that matters.

This story started as nothing more than a way for me to save myself, to find a healthy way to feel something again, and now here we are, 271 days, 49 chapters, 150,000 words, 2.8k votes, 3.3k comments and 60k views later and I have never felt more proud.

And although this has been something that I worked for, something that has brought me joy, I also have to thank every single one of you who has stuck with me and Ardelle until the very end.

I have spent these past few months living vicariously through Ardelle and it is going to be hard to let her go, but no doubt I will come back be here to visit her every so often and I hope you chose to as well, I hope new readers continue to find safety on my little corner of the internet and I hope those of you who have been here from the start know you can always come back.

I can't wait for you to read and hope that you enjoy the way I chose to end this story, and I hope you stick with me for my future projects (I have some things coming very soon!) 

Thank you all endlessly, not only for reading this, but unknowingly helping me to find myself again. So without further ado, for a final time, I present the last chapter of Obsidian and Bronze...