Sixteen

I feel so bad for Jack. The moment we arrived at the cemetery, Dean decided to be a major douchebag and made Jack dig - all by himself. Just order after order with this guy. I sighed as I grabbed the spare shovel from Sam, who went to talk to the old idiot, and began helping Jack.

"Sorry about Dean, again," I said. Venom rolled his eyes inside my head. "And I'm sorry about Venom hissing at you earlier. They're not really a people person." I tried to make a joke to avoid an awkward silence. "Unless you somehow get longer hair and boobs then Dean might have warmed up to you."

Jack looked at me confusingly before touching his hair. "If I grow my hair?"

"Uhh..." Never thought I'd meet anyone stupider than your dad. "It was just a, um, joke, Jack."

"A joke?"

"Yeah. You know? Something told that causes amusement or laughter," I lamely explained.

"Oh." His brows crinkled more. "I don't understand."

I let out a nervous chuckle as I started to rub my arm in embarrassment. "I was just saying that if you were an older woman around Dean's age then he might have gone easier on you."

"Because of long hair and boobs?"

"Yeah?"

"Oh." He grinned at me. "I get it now. It is funny and amusing." I let out another nervous chuckle as I rubbed my arm more. "Why are you rubbing your arm? Are your spider-senses tingling?"

Ugh, please, don't call it that.

"No. I...forgot my jacket back at the car," I lied as I tried not to make myself look like a much bigger idiot than before. "I'm just getting a bit cold."

Venom scoffed, You can't be cold. I've been keeping you warm since I've entered inside you.

Please tell me you heard what I just heard?

Yes. What of it?

I felt something being wrapped around me. My eyes glanced up as Jack placed his jacket on me.

"I saw this in a movie back at the bunker," Jack explained. "It's supposed to keep you warm."

I gave a grateful smile. "Thanks, Jack."

Hell no!

Venom created some tendrils that started coming out of my back. They came out from the back of my shirt and shoved their way into the ground. They began to dig up the dirt as quickly as possible before finding the coffin. One gripped the lid before forcing it open.

Venom's head came out of my hand and looked towards the brothers. "Hey, idiots 1 and 2, we're done! Bad news, the body's in here!"

Dean sighed as he and Sam made their way over. "All right, I guess we're back to ghost."

Sam nodded. "Yeah." Jack looked confused about our recent discovery so I let Sam explain this time. "So a body rules out revenant."

"So a ghost that won't show up on EMF? Either I have to be Danny Phantom or our EMF is broken," I said. "It just doesn't make any sense."

"You've got a parasitic symbiote living inside you," Dean responded as he started to pour salt inside the coffin. "What makes sense these days? You know, I mean, we - we got portals to apocalyptic worlds. We got, uh, shape-shifting demons. Dealing with a whole new set of tiddlywinks. And there's a guy out there running around in a leotard shooting spider webs." He poured more salt. "I say we just...do what we do."

"My mother - could she be a ghost?" Jack asked, his interest peaked.

Dean gave Sam a look as he began to pour gasoline. "No, we, ummm..." Sam stuttered.

Venom grinned at Jack. "We torched that body," he finished. He got closer to Jack's face. "Her body burned so beautifully. The smell of her burning flesh smelled so divine. My mouth is just watering thinking about it again. If it wasn't for that hunter's code they've got going on then I would have eaten her then and there."

"Are you kidding me?!" I snapped, which got Venom to look at me. "One night? One night could you not be such a jackass to him?!"

Venom glared at me before Sam cleared his throat. "Hey, uh, Venom," he called out. Venom glared at Sam, already knowing that Sam is gonna be on my side about him being nice to Jack.

"Whatever, pussies," Venom responded before coming back inside my body.

Sam understood my frustration. He came over and wrapped his arm around me in a comforting side hug. I could always count on Sam to be on my side when it comes to Jack. I'm 100% sure Jack isn't evil. If Jack's evil then he would have done something terrible right now. Like start another apocalypse or break the most ruthless villain out of prison. And I'm pretty sure he would have killed Venom if he wanted to for that comment. At this point, I wouldn't blame him. I get that Venom misses Crowley but he shouldn't have taken his anger out on Jack. Crowley sacrificed himself for us. That was his decision. And for that, I will forever be grateful to him. I just wish Venom realizes it, too.

Dean shook his head at us before he lit up the lighter and threw it in the casket.