Twelve

Ok, don't hate me. Don't hate me because I don't know what to do. Jack's weird question just...it threw me off. I was gonna get us food but my feet decided to plant itself so I wouldn't move. My chest was beating fast as my face was still heated up as if the room suddenly got hot.

Don't play dumb, Lexa. Damien over there likes you. He just admitted to you without even realizing it. And it's obvious you like him, too. I should hit you over the head with the stupidest decision you've ever made.

Hey, I don't like Jack like that.

Bull shit. Remember, I'm inside you. I know everything you know. Feel everything you feel. I know all your sick little fantasies before you could even dream it. I know how your heart beats whenever Satan Jr would stare at you or hold your hand. It's unhealthy, Lexa.

It's not like that. For all I know, Jack still doesn't know how emotions work. It's like...I don't know...imagine it being like the movie Tarzan. Sure, Tarzan and Jane were made for each other but I'm pretty sure Jane was the first woman Tarzan's ever interacted with that's not a gorilla.

The difference is that Tarzan is a stupid movie. This is real life. Real life. Real people. Real situations. Like right now, you're trying not to imagine if you and Jack were Tarzan and Jane.

I felt my cheeks heating up again.

Ha! I knew it!

I was not.

Liar, liar, pants on fire.

I'm not lying. I'm not imagining Jack and me as Tarzan and Jane. And I certainly don't love the guy.

Love! Who said anything about love? I'm talking about crushes. Desires. Not that other mushy crap. I've seen enough through Eddie and your mother. Now that was real love.

Oh, please, from what my dad's told me, you've been the biggest shipper since you met my mom.

Lies. It was after we saved Eddie's ass.

I sighed as I grabbed a cup and went to the fridge to get cold water. I poured myself a big glass and began chugging it down. Hopefully, that should cool me off.

Because you have the hots for Lucy's kid.

I groaned as I slammed the cup down. "Or maybe it's this stupid parasite in my body that's increasing my body temperature and making me sweat!" I yelled as I broke the glass in my hand.

I heard someone clear their throat and nearly jumped when Sam stood there. "Hey, uh, everything ok in here?" he asked.

I sighed annoyingly. "Yeah. Yeah." I pointed towards my stomach. "The parasite and I are having a disagreement right now."

Sam glanced at my hand. "Lexa, you're bleeding."

I looked at my hand and see all the broken shards sticking out of it. I never even felt pain when it broke. "Shit."

I grabbed the emergency tweezers from the drawer, since this isn't the first time that happened, and began taking the shards out.

"Here, let me," Sam politely said as he grabbed the tweezers from me. I set my hand on the counter before he began taking the small glasses out. Each shard that came out, Venom would heal the wound. "So...what were you guys talking about?"

The demonic kid. The idiot that needs his spleen ripped out.

"Nothing," I winced. Sam doesn't need to know. "Just some...personal stuff. Don't worry about it." We were silent for a while as my eyes were trained on the countertop.