Nineteen

It's been a long while since I just sat down and watched a good movie. Around 6 p.m., Jack knocked into my room and asked if  I wanted to watch a bunch of movies with him. I did want to tell him no but the way he smiled at me got me to change my mind. So, we've been watching movies the whole night. I was so comfortable watching movies with Jack that I didn't realize I fell asleep on his lap.

The only reason I woke up was when I felt something on top of my head. Slowly opening my eyes, I glanced up to see Jack's hand in my hair. His delicate fingers were combing through my hair as he gently massaged my scalp. I don't even think he realizes what he's doing because his eyes are focused on the laptop screen with his mouth open in excitement from the scene that's playing. I wish I could take a picture and save this moment. Jack looks adorable.

Then I realized the kind of position I was in and tried not to blush. Yeah, my head was on his lap, but my back was toward the screen, and my face was near his stomach. If I turned my head any more I would have been face first on his...well, his junk. I'm surprised Venom isn't making a comment or trying to yank me away. My unasked question was answered when I heard him softly snoring in my head. Weird, Venom usually doesn't sleep.

Jack felt my move and broke his focus from the screen. "Hey," he greeted with his cute smile.

"I'm sorry," I began as I stifled a yawn while sitting up. "I didn't mean to fall asleep."

"It's fine. You seemed tired and I didn't want to wake you." Awe, that's sweet of him. Either Dean would try to dump an ice bucket on me or Sam would shake my shoulders to wake me up. Jack paused the movie. "Is there something bothering you, Lexa?"

I furrowed my brows. "No. Why do you ask?"

"In the movies I've seen whenever someone is upset their friends ask them what's wrong. And I've heard you talking to Dean the other day about your dad -"

"It's nothing, Jack, I was a little homesick. Talking to my dad helped me a bit so -" I shrugged my shoulders to brush the topic off.

"Are you sure? I don't like seeing you upset. If visiting your dad will make you feel better -"

I reached over and grabbed Jack's hands in mine to give him an assuring squeeze. "Thank you for caring, Jack, and I promise you I'm ok." I smiled at him. "You're not gonna get rid of me that easily."

"Why would I want to get rid of you?" he asked. "I like you a lot, Lexa."

My hand cupped his cheek. I leaned forward to give him a soft peck on the other side of his cheek, which seemed to surprise him. "I like you too."

Jack shook his head as he grabbed my wrist. "I - I don't think you understand. I really really -"

We heard a knock on the door, which immediately got Jack and me to put some space between each other. Sam poked his head inside. "Knock knock," he said.

"Hey, Sam," I greeted.

"Um, Lexa, can I talk to you for a minute?"

"Yeah." I got out of bed and followed him outside. "What's on your mind, Sammy?"

"I found a case."

"Like an actual case?" I tried not to sound too excited. With everything going on, the brothers, Venom, and I haven't really been solving cases. "Sweet!" Venom started to wake up. "What are we dealing with? A ghoul? Ghost? Vampire? Wendigo? When are we leaving?"

Sam chuckled at my enthusiasm before he gave me an apologetic smile. "Actually..." he trailed off for a moment. "I was thinking Dean and I could do this together."

My smile faltered. "Oh?" What's going on? "You don't want us going with you?"

"It's not that we don't want you coming," Sam explained. "It's just that...Well, it's been a while since Dean and I have solved a case together. Just us."There's a case? "I figured this would be a great way for us to distract Dean for a bit."

"You just want to spend time with your brother," I concluded.

"Exactly."

"Well, what do you want me to do while you two are gone?"

"Watch Jack. Make sure he doesn't get in trouble."

"He's been watching movies all night. How much trouble could he get in? Oh, and he's almost done with the movies you recommended."

"Then watch some of your favorite ones."

I crossed my arms and raised a brow at him. "I don't think Jack's gonna want to watch The House Bunny."

Sam chuckled before he cleared his throat. "I'm sure he won't mind. It's funny. Dean doesn't mind watching it with you."

"Yes, because he watches it for the comedy," I replied sarcastically.

"What about Venom's favorite movies?"

What about Saw?

"I don't need Venom popping out of my head and laughing whenever someone dies. And it might be a bad idea because Venom kept commenting about Jack all night." Before he was knocked out. Then a brilliant idea came to my head. "Actually, I've got something in mind."

I didn't even realize I had my evil grin until Sam motioned to it. "I don't like that look on your face."

"It's nothing. Just have fun on the case. Don't do anything I wouldn't do."

"I should be telling you that." He ran his hand down his face. "This might be a bad idea. You're gonna be alone with Jack."

I rolled my eyes. "The bunker will be fine."

He ignored me. "Did Eddie give you the talk?"

My eyes widened at his suggestion and I tried to ignore the blush creeping on my cheeks. "No! Nothing like that is gonna happen. And, he gave me the sex talk, which I don't need to be having with you."

Sex talk!

Venom's head came out of my shoulder. "That thing isn't going to touch Lexa!" he shouted. "I'll rip his micropenis off if I so much see it twitch."

"See, Venom won't let anything like that happen," I told Sam before giving Venom a look. "Which I could have before because you were knocked out."

"The movie was boring." Venom gave Sam a thumbs up. "I'll be there to cockblock them, Samantha."

"Ok, Dad."

"I am your second father. Call me...Vader."

"So you want me to embrace the power of the dark side?"

"Not with the boys here. But you can with Jack. And by that I mean murder."

"How about I lock us in a room and blast some of Dean's music if you like torture so much."

"Oh, did you get that out of Deadpool's handbook?" Venom scoffed. "His kid is worse than he is."

"Have you met your kid?"

"I know nothing about Carnage."

Sam glanced at Venom and me while giving an uncomfortable laugh "Right? I'm just gonna leave you to it."

I let out a sigh. "Fine. But at least call me for an update. I don't want to find out on the news that you two went missing. Or worse."

"I'll call whenever I can."