Fourteen

I wasn't very hungry after hearing Sam and Dean's conversation. Don't get me wrong, I understand why Dean and Venom aren't really fond of Jack. But they need to understand that Jack isn't responsible for killing Mary, Crowley, and Castiel. Jack wasn't even born to be able to do such a thing. Mary chose to punch Lucifer and push him into the other world. Cas and Crowley knew what they were getting into when they heard about Jack.

I pushed my own guilt aside and comfort Jack for the rest of the night. He insisted that we watch Star Wars because it looked a bit interesting, so that's what we were doing. He did the same for me so this is me returning the favor.

A really stupid favor.

It's not stupid. Jack was being a great friend.

Great friend! He basically told you that he had a crush on you. If anything this was some sick plan of his to make you fall for him and you're stupid enough to make it work.

Jack hasn't even been alive that long. He probably doesn't even like me. It might have been a sense of gratitude he's been feeling and you misunderstood him.

Tell that to his clammy hands when you held them last night! You can't be that stupid, Lexa. You've had boyfriends/crushes, before. I don't think you're sense of gratitude matches his.

You just don't like Jack, Venom. That's why you're so hostile towards him. He's a great kid. He's really sweet. Just give him a chance. For me at least.

Remember, I'm not your father. I don't give in on that puppy dog look that Eddie falls for every time. I'm not a real pussy like him. When I put my foot down, it stays there. Like how I am in you.

I rolled my eyes. I could feel Jack's gaze on me with his brows crinkled, ignoring the movie. I felt myself blush under his stare.

"Do I have something on my face?" I asked him nervously.

"No," Jack responded. "It's just...you look annoyed. Did I do something wrong?"

I gave him a small smile. "No, you didn't do anything wrong. It's just me and Venom having a private conversation in my head. It's nothing, really."

"About me," he stated, but it sounded more like a question.

Don't lie to the devil spawn.

My smile slowly faltered. "Yeah, we..um...we kinda are," I admitted.

"Oh." Jack's face pouted for a bit.

I hate to see that look on his face. I reached over and wrapped my arms around Jack, hoping it would make him feel a bit better. "It's nothing bad. I'm just trying to convince him that you're not the bad guy here."

But he is.

Jack slowly brought his arms up and wrapped them around me. A small smile came to my face as he pulled me closer to him.

He better get those sweaty hands off you! He could snap your neck any second!

I ignored Venom and buried my face into Jack's neck. I heard Venom letting out a fake gag as someone started to knock on Jack's door.

"Jack? Lexa?" I heard Sam calling us. I pulled away from Jack just as Sam entered his room, with a bag of food. "Hey." He noticed which Star Wars we were watching. "Clone Wars?"

"The computer suggested it for him," I explained. "And he wanted to check it out."

Sam nodded with a smile. "And?"

"I do like Ahsoka," Jack began. "Kinda hate Anakin."

"Uh...that's probably for the best." Blah, never really cared for Star Wars. I fell asleep through all movies. Sam handed me the bag. "I got breakfast for you and Venom."

Venom's head came out of my shoulder. "Is it the greasiest thing on the menu?" he asked.

Sam nodded. "Yeah, a triple bacon cheeseburger add another patty with a side of cheesy bacon bites."

Venom grinned. "Yes!"

"That doesn't sound healthy," Jack commented.

"It's not," Sam and I replied as Venom's mouth opened wide enough to engulf the whole bag.

"With how much grease Venom eats, I'm surprised I haven't gotten a heart attack yet," I joked.

"But your rabbit food balance things out. So that makes us even," Venom retorted. He sneered at Sam. "Thanks for that, Moose." Then he went back into my body.

I sighed. "Moose?" Jack questioned me.

I shook my head at him. "It's a nickname that Venom likes to call him."

Also Green Giant.

"Yeah, I usually don't mind it," Sam said. Jack nodded, not looking at him, before going back to the movie. "Hey, remember when I told you what Lexa, Dean, and I do? Our, uh, our day job?"

"You kill monsters because you're the good guys," Jack summarized.

"Right. Right. And we've got a case, so...thought you might want to come along."

"There's a case?" I asked.

Sam nodded. "Yeah, a guy was found dead and the neighbor said she saw his dead wife walking out of the house."

Ooh, a human corpse I could feast on.

I grinned. "Yeah, that might be good." I looked at Jack. "You could finally get some fresh air. See what's outside the world instead of the bunk -"

"No," Jack cut me off before going back to the movie. I furrowed my brows while Sam and I exchanged a look.

"Jack, I really think this would be good for you," Sam tried to reason. "You know, maybe, like Lexa said, a change of scenery. It might -"

"Get my powers working again?" Jack concluded. A small breath escapes me as the tension started to become thick.

"Yeah, maybe."

Jack paused the video before glaring at Sam. "So I can be your interdimensional can opener?"

Ooh, Sam's about to get a good burn.

Sam's mouth opened a few times before looking at me. "Hey, Lexa, do you mind -"

I nodded in understanding. I was about to get up but Jack grabbed my hand before I was off the bed. "No," he said, eyes not leaving Sam's. "Whatever you say to me, you can say it in front of her." Sam and I exchanged a look before I slowly sat back down. He slowly nodded as he let out a deep sigh, Jack resuming the video. "You're using me."

"Jack..." Sam began. "When you were born, it ripped a hole in reality. Like a - Like a door from this world to another, to...a really bad, bad place. So - So Dean, Cas, Lexa, and I, we - we closed that door. But...our mom, Mary, she's trapped on the other side. If we can get your powers back, maybe we can open that door up. Maybe..."

"We just want to save her," I finished. Jack's eyes went towards me. "But if it doesn't work, if that can't happen, then it's ok. Sam and I really care about you." Sam nodded in agreement. "We should've told you. I should have since you were being such a great friend and I'm sorry."

"Dean can't even look at me," Jack stated sadly. "And Venom keeps putting things in your head to make you hate me. They want to kill me."

"We won't let that happen," Sam promised. Jack isn't really convinced. I let out a breath as I laid my head on his shoulder and wrapped my arm around his. "Listen, if there's one thing Dean respects, it's effort. And Venom...he's just...it's going to be a while for him to trust you. It took him a while to trust me with Lexa because all he cares about is protecting her. I'm sure he'll warm up to you if you can prove it, too. So come along, help us out. Let's go be the good guys."

Jack looked between me and Sam before a small smile spread across his face.

》》》》

A/N: When will Venom stop hating Jack?