Eleven

Today is just another one of those days where I don't want to do anything.  After my phone call with my dad, I felt completely drained.

Calling Eddie would do that.

I grabbed my laptop and started looking through old family photos. One was of me and Dad. Another of me with Mom. One with all of us on top of the Eiffel Tower. Another picture of us on the Eiffel Tower except Venom's head popped out of Dad's shoulder. The next one was of Dad carrying me while one of Venom's arms came out and created a small carousel. The further I got into the photos the more it went from me and my parents to me with Castiel and the Winchesters. My semi-normal life slowly turned into the hunter's life.

I heard a knock on my door before Dean entered my room. "Hey, I'm gonna head out on a case. You comin'?"

I opened my mouth a few times before shaking my head. "Not today, Dean. I promised Sam to help with Jack."

Dean rolled his eyes. "He's got you on babysitting duty? What does Venom think about this?"

I said no.

"He said no. If anything, he'd rather have me go on this case with you." It's better than being cooped up in here. "And Sam thought it would be better if I help because of my experience with self-control."

What experience? You have no self-control.

Dean sighed. "Fine, if you wanna play nurse for them, then be my guest." He motioned to the picture on my laptop. "And you better delete that by the time I get back." Then he left the room.

I sighed as I looked back at my laptop. It was a photo of Dean sleeping with me putting whip cream on his face. Sam and I were in front of him trying to hold our laughter. It wasn't my fault Dean's a heavy sleeper when he has a few drinks. It was funny when he smeared the cream all over his face.

Good times. Good times.

》》》》

I sat in front of Jack while Sam was trying to explain that we were going to train him. And I told Venom he better behave himself, which he said he makes no promise.

"Train me?" Jack asked as Sam twirled the pencil in his hand. "To what?"

"We've seen what you can do, Jack," Sam began. "You're powerful, but you have to learn to control it, you know, to focus."

"So I don't hurt anyone anymore."

"Exactly."

I opened my mouth. "Jack, it's better to learn your powers that way you know how to control it." It wasn't a huge example but I started to feel Venom change my clothes. I went from my jacket, tank, and jeans to something that looks like Dean would wear. I held my hand up to have my hands form guns. Then it changed into Castiel's attire and the tendrils created dark wings behind me. "You can control your powers all it takes is a little practice." Dark veins started to crawl up my body as Venom started to transform me into him. "Your power should flow freely from you but if you don't learn how to control it..." Venom's face covered my own before I felt him screech and snap forward as more tendrils popped out of his back. Then I forced Venom back into myself. "You could lose control and your power could go haywire."

Jack looked like he was processing everything. Sam held up the pencil. "See this pencil?" he asked. Jack nodded as he placed it on the table. "I want you to move it. With your mind."

"That's it?" Jack asked.

I nodded. "Yup. Just move the pencil."

Or else he gets no dinner.

Jack's attention was now towards the pencil. His brows scrunched together as Sam and I watched. Jack's mouth opened a few times as the pencil didn't move. Not even an inch. Jack brought his hand up and held it in front of the pencil.

And we stayed like that for a good hour. Jack kept moving his hand from the table back to his side. He tried looking at the pencil closely. But the pencil didn't move. The frustration was written all over his face.

"I can't," he said. "Nothing. I'm useless."

He is useless.

I found myself reaching over and grabbing his hand. "You're not useless," I argued. "You're just new to this. We don't expect you to learn this overnight. It takes time."

"Jack, when you did use your powers, what was it like?" Sam asked.

Jack shook his head. "I don't..." I gave his hand a small squeeze, which he returned. "It was like...breathing. Blinking. It just happens."

"Even with Asmodeus? That just happened?"

Jack gripped my hand. "No. He made me. It was like...Like he was in my head."

"Ok, um, then, uh...imagine him doing that."

"No."

"No? Why not?"

"Because I don't want to. It's just...I can't do this. And you and Lexa keep staring at me, waiting."

Sam sighed. "You know what? Let's take a break. Yeah."

Yes, finally.

"Really?" Jack asked.

"Yeah, I'll get some food. Just...You stay here, try to relax. When I get back, we'll try again."

Sam left the room not long after that. Jack slowly looked at me with those innocent eyes. "Is Sam mad at me?" he asked.

Yes.

"No," I said. "Sam doesn't get mad that easily. Its just...he wants to help you." I picked up the pencil and held it up. "But I don't think this is helping."

"It's not."

I set it back down. "Then let me try something else. You said it was like Asmodeus was in your head. It must be hard for you because you have a voice that's telling you to do something." I pointed to the side of my head. "Venom's been inside my head for years, so I know how annoying that must be." Hey! "But you stopped Asmodeus from killing us with your powers. Was he in your head then?"

Jack slowly shook his head. "No."

"So, what was going through your head at the time?"

"I...I don't know. It was...I saw him hurting you guys. You guys were losing your breath." His eyes locked on mine. "I saw how much pain you were in. And...I - I didn't want to see you like that. I was scared and angry that he was hurting all of you. So when I used my powers on him...it felt...it felt like it was the right thing to do."

I didn't realize Jack laced our fingers together. He didn't remove his eyes from mine. His brows furrowed together before he looked down at his chest. I thought nothing of it before I got up.

"I'll go get us some food," I said. "Then maybe we can find something else before Sam gets back."

Jack stayed silent. I thought it was his way of saying ok, so I started to leave.

"There it is again," Jack muttered, stopping me in my tracks.

I gave him a confused look. "There's what, Jack?"

"I don't know. There's this pounding inside my chest, my hands...they feel a bit clammy."

"You're probably getting sick."

"I don't think so. It only happens when you're around. Is that normal?"

No, definitely not normal!

I opened my mouth a bit, not sure what to say to him. I felt my cheeks getting a bit warm before I said, "I'll be back, ok?"