Fifteen

I don't know if I've ever felt so awkward in my life. Actually, no, it's just...very quiet. And Venom hasn't even spoken to me once during the car ride. Don't get me wrong, it's been very peaceful but it's just weird not having him yammer on and on. He didn't even mock Dean about driving like an old lady which is pretty funny if you know how fast Dean drives.

I handed Jack the fake I.Ds the Winchesters and I have. I'm still too young to be considered an FBI agent so I'm mostly an intern for a newspaper, a writer for some blog, if I'm lucky, a detective or forensics examiner. We even do a father-daughter shadow day a few times. Let me tell you, it gets a bit funny when people just assume that Sam and Dean are my parents and say they're happy that a couple like them would even consider adoption. The look on Dean's face whenever he tries to clarify that I'm his "kid" and Sam's his brother, while Sam just looks uncomfortable with the situation.

"Agent, Bonham, Agent Seger, Special Agent Anderson," Jack read Sam's I.Ds as Dean parked in front of the house. Then he took my I.Ds out and started looking through them. "Detective Morales, Forensics Examiner Octavius, Intern Jameson, Forensics Examiner Agent Osborn." Jack looked at me. "These are you and Sam?"

"Sometimes," I answered.

Jack was confused. "I thought lying was wrong."

I could see Dean roll his eyes. I shot him an annoying look before looking back at Jack. "Lying is wrong. But sometimes...it's ok to lie."

"Here we go," Dean mumbled. "Good luck explaining, Juliet."

I leaned forward and slapped the back of Dean's head before sitting back in my seat. "Listen, Jack. It's bad to lie, ok? But in the line of work we do, we have to lie. There are some people who can't...they can't cope -" I bit my lip. Ok, I need to say this without it sounding terrible. "When people learn that monsters, ghouls, and demons are real. They're not the same. So, we lie to - to keep them safe. Does that make sense?"

Jack slowly nodded. "So...you lie to protect them?"

"Exactly."

Even though those idiots end up giving their identity away.

Oh, now you decide to speak.

I was napping.

You don't nap.

Yes, I do...Starting today. And now I understand why you humans do it. I feel refresh and ready to kill.

Dean looked irritated and pulled out his notepad. "All right, here we go," he said. "Victim - Wes Bailey. His wife, Erica, died six months ago. Heart thing, out of the blue. Uh, question is, why'd she come back from the dead and knife his ass?"

Maybe his ass got lonely.

"People come back?"

"When a person dies and their soul can't move on -" Sam started.

"They're called ghosts," Dean finished. "And hanging around makes them go looney tunes. Uh, they go crazy."

"Yeah, but, since when do ghost kill somebody and walk out the front door?" I wondered.

"So maybe it's a revenant," Dean suggested.

"Wait. What's a revenant?" Jack asked.

Ugh, is he really this stupid?

Shut up, he's only like a few weeks old!

Stop defending that brat!

"Think about zombies," I said while I ignored Venom again. "You know...The Walking Dead, Resident Evil, Day of the Dead, Train to Busan."