Five

Sam, Dean, and I watch as the ambulance pushed the kid that found Jack. Ok, I shouldn't even be calling him a kid since he's around my age. The paramedics tried to look me over but I told them that I was fine. That the woman missed and sliced my shirt. Also that the blood was hers. Sam and Dean were taking care of everything so Sam told me to stand by Jack, who looked just as confused about everything as we sat on the bench.

He's staring at you.

I turned my head and Jack was indeed staring at me. I gave him a confused look, but his gaze landed on the blood on my shirt.

"You're hurt," Jack stated. It sounded more like a question really.

I looked at the hole before shaking my head. "I was. Then I wasn't."

"Are you...Are you like me?"

I shook my head again. "No."

That confused Jack more. "I don't understand."

Don't be offended when I tell him this, Venom.

I bit my lip as I started to explain to Jack. "I have this parasite that lives in me. He protects me from people who are trying to hurt you."

"A parasite?"

Good luck explaining that to him.

I started explaining more. "A parasite is something that lives in something else. It needs the host's body to absorb its nutrients. Maybe making the host even sicker."

"So this parasite is making you sick?" Jack asked slowly. Ahh, he's cute when he looks confused.

Cute?! You're not supposed to be saying that about anyone. If anything I'm cute.

I shook my head. "Venom...isn't that kind of parasite. He actually like my protector." I chuckled. "But if you ever meet Anti-Venom, Carnage, or Toxin then that's when it's a whole other story."

"Toxin?"

Nice going. You confused him more.

I bit my lip. "Um, nothing. It's someone you don't have to worry about."

"Does he heal your wounds like Venom?"

"No. If anything he just creates them. But you don't have to worry about Venom. He won't hurt you."

As long as he doesn't give me a reason to.

Jack nodded. I thought he would look away but he kept his gaze on me. Like he was studying me. Or if he was trying to figure out if I'm telling the truth or not. I don't know but I felt myself blushing under his gaze until someone cleared their throat.

Sam looked between the two of us. "Hey, we're going to head back to the bunker."

I nodded before standing up. I didn't look at either of them before making my way towards the Impala.

You're still blushing.

》》》》

This is something I knew was going to happen and I hate myself for it. I want to cry all over again as I watch Dean wrap Castiel's body in the sheet. Before we head to the bunker, we have to give him and Kelly a proper hunters' burial. Tears started to form my eyes while Dean started to wrap Castiel's legs. When he looked over he stopped what he was doing. He had the same broken look on his face as I do, but he was better at hiding it in the public eye.

Dean dropped the curtain wrapping and came over. He wrapped his arms around me and engulfed me in a hug. I shut my eyes tight as I held him even tighter. Seeing Cas's body there makes it hurt even more. I'd expect him to pop up and do a surprise, mother fucker impression. Cas died so many times, but this time there's no way back for him.

And sure, Dean isn't the one for emotional support. He doesn't know what to say to me to make things better, but the hug is all I need at the moment. And it's not the same coming from Venom. Dean admitted that he prayed to Chuck to bring Cas back to life. Chuck did it before. This time he didn't. Castiel's dead and it's all our fault.

"Thanks, Dean," I mumbled as he pulled away.

He nodded. "I know how much you cared about Cas."

"He accepted me for who I am," I explained. "He understood what I was going through. I never felt like a monster when I was with him."

"Hey, don't call yourself that," Dean protested. "You're not a monster."

I bit my lip. "You can say it all you want, Dean, but we know it's true. I'm the monster in your story."

"You never were a monster. You let a monster use you as a host." Dean looked me in the eye as he tried to say this to Venom. "No offense, Venom."

I'm very offended.

"He's offended, isn't he?" Dean asked. I nodded. He sighed. "Listen, if you were a monster then we wouldn't have let you tag along with us for the past three years. Cas didn't see a monster in you. You were just a kid when it happened anyway."

"A kid destroying New York?"

"Yes. Now you're a teenager kicking Lucifer's ass."

I smiled at the memory. "It did feel good sucker punching him."

Dean chuckled. "Right where the sun don't shine." I smiled again, but that died down when I saw Castiel's body. Dean wrapped his arm around me. "Do you wanna help carrying him out?"

I shook my head. "That's fine. I'll just make Venom do it."

Great, I've got chores to do.

》》》》

So we gathered enough wood to lay Castiel and Kelly. I stood between Sam and Jack as Dean walked over with a lit match. He was struggling for a bit before he finally threw the match on the bodies. Their bodies burst into flames. My eyes didn't leave the flame as I watch it dance on their bodies. My eyes watering again as I watch the whole thing.

"You wanna say anything?" Sam asked Jack.

"I..." Jack started. "What do you say?"

Sam just realized that Jack is still new to this whole funeral thing. He didn't know Cas or Kelly, so what can he say?

"Right," Sam mumbled.

"You thank them," I mumbled. I could feel Jack's gaze on me now. "You thank them for being there. You thank them for everything they've ever done. And after that....you say you're sorry. And you hope that they're somewhere safe. Somewhere they could finally be free." Jack looked down at my hand before he slowly reached for it. His fingers grazed mine before he grabbed my hand. I held on to his while my voice shook. "You say goodbye."

"Goodbye, Cas," Dean mumbled. "Goodbye, Kelly. Goodbye, Crowley." Why do the good ones have to die?! "Goodbye, Mom."

Sam looked at Dean. "Dean, we don't know if Mom -"

"Yeah, we do. We do, Sam. Lucifer killed her the moment he realized we trapped his ass. He killed her. You know he did. She's gone." I began crying more as I laid my head on Jack's shoulder. "They're all gone."

I gripped Jack's hand tighter as I watch the flames. "Goodbye, Cas."

Goodbye, Crowley.

》》》》

A/N: I've only got one word to say and that's...awwwe!