Ten

After bringing Jack back into the motel, I had to make a quick phone call. I told Sam and Donatello that I would be right back before I made my way outside. I walked around the building as Venom's head popped out of my shoulder. He didn't have a happy look at all, but again when does he?

"You should have let me kill him," he sneered as I pulled my phone out. "That boy is gonna be a nuisance to all of us."

"Shut up, there's nothing wrong with Jack," I defended him as I placed my phone next to my ear.

"You're just saying that because you and Sammy are the kind of people that wants to find good in everyone." Venom got close to my face. "Jack may be Kelly's son but he's also Lucifer's kid with a massive amount of power. You and Sam might try to teach him to be the good guy but you gotta ask yourself if someone had that much power, how long until they become corrupt?"

I ignored Venom before I jumped up to the roof of the motel, just when he picked up. I had a smile on my face. "Hi, Dad."

"Hey, sweetie," my dad greeted on the other line. "I was just wondering what happened to you. Are Sam and Dean taking care of you?"

I nodded. "Yeah, yeah. They are. I wanted to do our random calls, you know? I didn't want to worry about me."

"Well, you're with the guys and with Venom. You're with the three people I trust the most, besides your mother."

Venom sighed happily. "Ahh, your mother. The only person who didn't make me wanna barf. The only love interest that was right for Eddie."

"Love interest?" Dad asked.

I sighed as I sat down on the ledge. "It's a long story, Dad. What you need to know is that Lucifer had a kid. The mother, Kelly, who is a good person, died after giving birth to him. Now, Jack's with the Winchesters, who are bickering about if he's going to be evil or not."

Venom moved my arm so the phone was next to his ear. "The kid's definitely evil, Eddie. I've been evil before, I've dealt with evil, I've seen evil. This kid is going to be evil, ruthless. Not to mention he's got the hots for your kid."

I pulled my phone away. "No, he doesn't," I said as I placed the phone back in my ear. I quickly explained to my dad, "Jack is not even a month old. He still doesn't know that much about emotions or feelings. All I know is that he's scared of himself. And he's scared of Venom and Dean because they're always putting him down or Venom keeps threatening him every chance he gets."

"Because he's always making googly eyes at you," Venom argued.

Good thing Dad ignored him. "Listen, Lexa. Has Jack done anything to you to prove that he's evil? Like anything at all."

Besides blasting the tattoo guy, but that's only because he didn't know tattoos would hurt.

"No," I answered. "If anything, Jack wants to be the good guy. And I know he can be, he just needs to be turned in the right direction."

"And there's your answer. Sweetie, you've seen me fight the good guys. You've seen me kill innocent people. Hundreds of them. You had to watch me be the worst me I could be. Those weren't the happiest times and I wish I could take them back, but I can't. I let the anger, my hatred, take over me and Venom fed off from that. You've dealt with his power for three years now, so you know what's it like. We didn't have mentors or someone who's willing to look out for us. Or someone to slap us across the face when we do something wrong."

Venom laughed. "That was great when Anne did it."

"But Jack does. You and the Winchesters are good people. And if this Kelly chick really was a good person then that means Jack could be too. The apple could fall far from the tree but that tree doesn't have to be Lucifer's. As for Venom, I'm sure he'll warm up to Jack. But it will take some time. People's feelings don't change overnight." I looked down to see Donatello walking towards the entrance with a bag of food in his hands. I furrowed my brows when he looked up and saw me. He grinned while he waved while holding the food up. "I hope it helps."