2 | Isabella

I took a deep breath before walking inside the room

I took a deep breath before walking inside the room. He was already sitting in his chair, his laptop open and he was typing away on it. "Good morning Sir," I said, placing down the coffee. Like every day I received no response. So I continued.

"Today you have four meetings lined up and one briefing about the new product with the Technology Department. Your first meeting is from 9 to 10 with Mr Jones about the deal we are supposed to make with their company. Then at 11, you will have a meeting with Mr Alexander about them investing in our company. You don't have anything lined up until 3. At 3 the Team will be in the conference room for the product discussion. At 5:30 you have a meeting with the London delegates and at 7 you have an interview with a magazine that you had requested," I finished.

He was still typing away on his laptop like usual but in the past three years, I had learned so much about this man I called my boss. At first, it was very frustrating that he wouldn't even look at me or pay any attention to me when I was speaking. But I was very wrong. He was a very sharp person and he always heard what I said or anybody said for that matter.

After the first few weeks of working here, I was very irritated and angry with him. His personality wasn't bad but it wasn't good either. He was in a business stance 24/7, I pitied his family very much. I had tried to google him and find out more about him but the more I dug up, the more confused I got. Every website had something different to say about him.

There was not much about his family. They seemed to be nowhere in the limelight like him. While he on the other hand had every rumor going on for him. From being the richest man alive to going bankrupt, from him being a player to him being a divorced dad there were so many interesting yet stupid stories I had heard about him, that I gave up.

In the words of my lovely sister, Vi, I was working for a mysterious man who could just be a ghost or a mafia. I had stopped searching for answers because I got none and I never will, and most importantly it was none of my business anyway. I snapped out of my thoughts as I looked down at the Ipad vibrating with an email. It was from another one of our investors who wanted to fix up a meeting for tomorrow.

"Excuse me, Sir, I need to call Mr Russo about your meeting with him tomorrow," I said leaving the office immediately and calling Mr Russo.

"Hello Mr Russo," I said as I stood outside the cabin since no one had come in yet I was free to talk outside without disturbing the others. "Ahh Isabella, I just emailed you about the meeting I am having with Nicholas Knight tomorrow," he said. "I know Mr Russo, I just read it and I am personally calling you to apologize, Sir won't be available tomorrow," I said looking at today's date on the iPad. 25th August.

"What Isabella, I am leaving for the UK tomorrow I won't be back for two weeks," he said irritated. "I can understand your discomfort Mr Russo, but Sir won't be available tomorrow for some personal reason. I am sorry on his behalf. If you can, would you like to meet up with Sir today?" I asked, trying to be polite. "Are you sure Isabella? This is very important that he can't shift to some other day?" he asked. "I am sorry Mr Russo but that cannot happen," I said.