12 | Replaced

"Bex?" Nick said, smiling and getting up

"Bex?" Nick said, smiling and getting up. She hugged him. Bex? Kevin did the same. "Rebecca! It's been such a long time!" Kevin said. "I know you guys drifted away from the group after college. I haven't seen you since forever!" she said. She then looked at all of us smiling gently and waving. I immediately stood up out of respect.

Always stand up when the other person does. Basic manners. "Oh right this is Isabella, a very good friend of mine, this is Xavier, Nick's brother and Violet Isabella's sister and Xavier's friend," Kevin introduced. She gave us those air-cheek kisses.

"Brother? I didn't know you had one!" she said, smiling at Mr Knight. Xavier just rolled his eyes to which I glared at him to behave. "Yeah you never talked about family," she said smiling. "How are you?" Mr. Knight asked, giving her a small smile. I was shocked to see him talking so nicely with someone.

"I have been good," she said, smiling back. "Guys, this is Rebecca, she is a fashion designer and a former model," Kevin said. Okay. Wow. "It's nice to meet you, Also Nick we need to catch up!" she said. "Of course," he replied. "Tomorrow at lunch?" she asked. "Sure," he smiled. "It's a date. I'll see you tomorrow. It was nice to see you, Izzie. Bye!" she said, hugging Mr. Knight again and waving at us. I stood there shocked. What?

We all sat down. "Izzie? Really?" Vi snapped. "It's okay," I said trying to smile at her but she gave me a look that said 'Keep your fake smile to yourself'. "She is a bit of a handful," Mr Knight said. I looked at him as he defended her. Why did it feel weird seeing him talking like that? He smiled. "Wow Nick, your charm works for everyone," Kevin laughed. "Not on Bella," Xavier said, finally breaking his silence.

My phone started vibrating and I looked at the caller id. "I am sorry I have to take this," I said, getting up and walking out without waiting for an answer. "Hi Dad," I smiled. "How are you doing darling?" he asked. "I am great. How are you and mom?" I asked. "We are doing good. I hope you are happy, my child," he said. "I am a dad. Is everything okay?" I asked if his voice sounded so low.

"Yes. I just miss you. Can't you come back home?" he asked. "I miss you too Dad. I will on Christmas," I said. "I am waiting for that darling. Be safe. And please keep calling your old parents," he laughed. "I will," I smiled. "Take care of yourself and your sister," he said. "I will, bye dad, I will call you soon," I said. "Good night," he said. I did too and hung up walking back in. Everyone was ordering and I sat back down. "Madame?" the waiter said in french. "j'aurai un pain aux pâtes et à l'ail," I said, closing the menu and handing it back to the shocked waiter. (I will have Pasta and garlic bread)

Everyone looked at me shocked. "What? I grew up in England. You didn't expect me to know just one language," I said. "You just spoke like Nick," Xavier said. I knew Mr. Knight knew other languages. I just shrugged. "So what's up with your lives," I asked Xavier and Violet sitting back in my chair. They both started talking about their school and friends while Kevin and Mr Knight just talked about business.