15 | Ela

For the next few hours, Mr

For the next few hours, Mr. Knight's father and I sat down as he told me about his wife and their stories. They had a terrible accident when Mr Knight was 18. Robert went into a coma and when he recovered after two years he was in a depression after losing his wife and not being able to know about it for two years. He recovered a little from the shock over the years.

I cried when he told me everything. I don't know what pain and grief he must have gone through or how Mr. Knight and Xavier would have coped with the loss of losing their mother and almost their father. Then he told me about their love story. How it was love at first sight for him and she didn't like him. They later fell in love. It was cute.

"I am sure she loves you still," I said. "I hope so," he smiled. "I didn't even offer you lunch, it is already 2 pm!" he said getting up. "It's okay I am not that hungry, you please have your lunch," I said getting up and looking at the clock.

"Isabella?" he stopped me. "Child you are a very sweet girl, God bless you," he said. I smiled thanking him. "Umm, Do you mind if I go talk to Mr Knight?" I asked. "Please, he needs someone to tell him that he needs to finally relax, he needs to finally let go of it," He said. I nodded going upstairs. One of the rooms was the only one with the door closed.

I knocked and when I heard no response I walked in. Mr. Knight was sitting on the chair looking out of the window. The room was beautiful and it glanced over the New York City skyline. The room was dark and it screamed Nicholas Knight. "Mr Knight?" I said.

"I asked you to leave," he said blankly. "You miss her?" I asked, sitting down opposite him. "It's none of your business," he snapped. "Nicholas?" I said, making him look at me. "I miss her," he said, his eyes about to tear up. I got up and sat on the ground near his legs, my hand laying on his knees.

"It's okay to miss her," I said. He placed his hand on mine. "You know I never got to enjoy my life. I had to make sure everything was okay. I had to take over the company, I had to make sure that we had the money for everything. I had to make sure Xavier got everything. I had to put everybody's needs before my own," he said, his voice very heavy.

"You have come a long way," I said, rubbing his hand. "No, I haven't. I regret every day not being able to enjoy those college days, instead of going back to the office after my classes. Xavier had to live alone all the time as a teenager, he had no parents and his brother could care less. I may be successful but I am not happy Bella, I am not," he said looking down at me.

"You did what you felt was right at the time Nicholas, you were just a young boy who had to not only go through the pain but also take responsibility for your family. You did great. Look at where you have gotten. Someone else would have shattered it and left it at that. You were strong and you still are. You don't need to worry about it anymore. You can finally start living your life the way you wanted," I said, giving him a small smile.

"I...I just wish to have my family back," he said. "And you will," I squeezed his hand. "Dad told you everything?" he asked, getting up and offering me his hand. "He did. They were so in love," I smiled. "They were the best couple," he smiled back. "Oh my gosh is Nicholas Knight smiling?" I asked to dust off my clothes.